Sunglasses stuck in sunglass holder compartment CHEVY TAHOE 17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevygirl76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, I did a dumb thing.. I put my sunglasses in the compartment folded it up and now it wont come down. Now they are stuck!

Any suggestions other than taking it to the dealership? Its still under warranty

Thanks
JS

OP
OP
C

Chevygirl76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks.. My husband pulled down on it and it came out didnt break my sunglasses... Thank goodness..I wont be putting another pair up there.. Maybe too much padding in there?

I feel relieved..

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did push the cover up to get it to release? Sometimes you have to squish your glasses to get it to release. Not something you want to do every time if they don't fit but sometimes mine get moved around and are hard to get out.

With that being said, I know my wifes glasses don't fit in there.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me large glasses get stuck !
pull harder the glasses will flex, and like me,
I won't be doing that again ! :)

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always remove the overhead area and try to get them out that way. There's a pin on the right hand side that indexes full-down and half-down, that you could also try to finagle, to get it to drop all of the way down

ATX 14

Reaction score
I had a pair of Oakley's get stuck as well. I ended up pulling it down harder and it came free. I feel the holder for sunglasses is a tad bit undersized and I don't use it anymore. My Oakleys certainly do not fall in the large glasses catagory.