Suggestions on towing a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoYukon Forum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
U could rent a U-Haul car hauler for about $140. Cheaper than buying a trailer. Just checked and 330 miles one way in Kansas. Good luck bud.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U could rent a U-Haul car hauler for about $140. Cheaper than buying a trailer. Just checked and 330 miles one way in Kansas. Good luck bud.

But the thing is that a Tahoe will not fit on a Uhaul car hauler. I am actually doubtful that it will fit on a uhaul tow dolly. Im checking into a tow bar that mounts to the front frame horns. Or else I might actually try and drive it. My brother claims that it runs perfectly fine.

Carl Golden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of a Brother I have lost too many. I would put something stronger than a glove over the trans at least a couple of large sandwich bands and tip ties. If you are going to tie the electrical light systems together then don't forget to pull the battery from the tow vehicle. Also I love the color of it. Is that a factory color or a repaint? What is the official name of the color if you know it. And good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the color of it. Is that a factory color or a repaint? What is the official name of the color if you know it. And good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, if I remember correctly it's a factory Nissan color called Daytona blue. It came on the 03-05ish Nissan 350z's and roadsters.

And now it's looking like I might not even be getting this Tahoe now. At least no time soon. My in-laws just gave my son a beat to hell 99 Silverado. So, I've been trying to help him fix that up the last few weeks so that it can at least be a fairly reliable daily driver for him. At least I know how to work on mist of the stuff on these GMT800 trucks since I have owned and been maintaining and repairing my Burban since 2006. IMG_5331_md_lrs.jpg

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I hope you bring this thing home !! It's a great looking taho. I have wanted to make one just like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you bring this thing home !! It's a great looking taho. I have wanted to make one just like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correction, it WAS a great looking Tahoe. My brother David had it in showroom condition and he took great care of it. But my baby brother ran it into the ground, he NEVER waxed the paint or put a sealant on it, and now the paint is oxidized to all hell even though the paint is barely over 10 years old. Then he got in a wreck and messed up the front end. Destroyed the SS bumper cover and grill, and all the projector headlights and turn signals. He was supposed to get the corner caps for the Escalade roof rack painted to match the truck and he ended up losing them somewhere, so now they have been missing for a few years now. IMG_20170415_170631796_HDR.jpg IMG_20170415_170713740.jpg IMG_20170415_170813426_HDR.jpg IMG_20170415_170616683_HDR.jpg IMG_20170415_170656849_HDR.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Correction, it WAS a great looking Tahoe. My brother David had it in showroom condition and he took great care of it. But my baby brother ran it into the ground, he NEVER waxed the paint or put a sealant on it, and now the paint is oxidized to all hell even though the paint is barely over 10 years old. Then he got in a wreck and messed up the front end. Destroyed the SS bumper cover and grill, and all the projector headlights and turn signals. He was supposed to get the corner caps for the Escalade roof rack painted to match the truck and he ended up losing them somewhere, so now they have been missing for a few years now. View attachment 183070 View attachment 183071 View attachment 183073 View attachment 183075 View attachment 183076

Baby bro needs an ass kicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic