Suggestions on rear storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baylee Brown

Reaction score
I measured out space in the back of my 99 2 dr Tahoe and I'm thinking about making 2 drawers. The drawers would go between the spare on the left and indention for the tire well on the right. Making 2 so that I can remove them easily. I would like to make the outside shell 1/2 wood and the drawer itself with 1/4 wood. Instead of purchasing rails for the drawer I have found these neat ball bearing rollers that are a little less than a half inch tall and can hold up to 55lbs. The rollers are .79¢ at Harbor freight. Plan on putting 5 rollers on the bottom of each drawer to withstand whatever I decide to stick in it. Havent decided on handles yet but thinking of ones that are movable so that there is more space. Possible locks?? Attachments for top?? Possible sections within drawers?? Gun holders?? Neat storage hacks?? Putting yeti 20 on top of it. I have a tailgate in the back also. Height I think would be 14 inches so that I can put the 5 quart bottles (13 1/2in) of oil and other fluids for car in it.

IMG_3807.PNG

IMG_3808.PNG

OP
OP
Baylee Brown

Baylee Brown

Reaction score
This is the back of my Tahoe and more pictures can be uploaded as well.

IMG_3755.JPG

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I like the idea and have pondered it many times myself. The problem that I constantly run into is having enough vertical cargo space to handle regular chores (trash duty). That issue aside, check out www.truckvault.com... I'm sure they'll have products that may be of some use regarding the composition and organization of your DIY project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep