Suburban with 2/4 Belltech drop kit on 26's (305/30/26)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the kit from Norcal in July and finally got around to installing it last weekend. This truck kicked my ass during the process it took me 10hrs, new Ball joints, wheel bearings & alot of trimming of the plastic in the rear but it's finally complete!

It's the belltech 2/4 from Norcal with the belltech shocks and rear air bags

Ride height

Before

LF - 36.85
RF - 36.75
LR - 38.0
RR - 38.0

After

LF - 35.0
RF - 35.0
LR - 35.50
RR- 35.50

I will say It looks good, it's growing on me although a few of my friends are giving me a hard time about it being lowered saying instead of driving a SUV/Truck I now am driving a "fancy station wagon" lol I took all the measurements on the alignment rack and controlled / changed them as I felt necessary. The actual after results were lower but the ride quality was not what I wanted it to be for a DD, the rear bags were aired up and the front keys raised to get the ride height level and off the bump stops in the rear. The ride quality is pretty good but at times the rear seems a little bouncy but I haven't driven it alot probably 50 miles since lowering it so we will see if it improves as things go on.

Enjoy!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you cut the rear bumpstop brackets off the frame?? even with the short bumpstops on the back on the burbans frame section sits a little lower than the regular models (i usually cut the brackets off and drill/tap frame for the short pancake bumpstops)

Cut the bracket off the frame and your ride will increase also look at the djm rear hardware kit it will fix the swaybar angle/trailing arm angle.

Truck does look killer.

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you cut the rear bumpstop brackets off the frame?? even with the short bumpstops on the back on the burbans frame section sits a little lower than the regular models (i usually cut the brackets off and drill/tap frame for the short pancake bumpstops)

Cut the bracket off the frame and your ride will increase also look at the djm rear hardware kit it will fix the swaybar angle/trailing arm angle.

Truck does look killer.
No I didn't cut anything off! Was hoping to avoid cutting anything on the truck but it was apparent that the plastic had to be cut.

I do plan for your cornering kit and maybe when it gets warmer outside I will research the pancake bump stops but that just means the ride height will get even lower lol.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No I didn't cut anything off! Was hoping to avoid cutting anything on the truck but it was apparent that the plastic had to be cut.

I do plan for your cornering kit and maybe when it gets warmer outside I will research the pancake bump stops but that just means the ride height will get even lower lol.

no its not that i have different lengths I offer. in rear you need to cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame that will give you more movement of the rear end there is no way on the suburban at a full 4 inch drop in the rear or more than 3 to get a real good ride without cutting the bumpstop bracket off the frame.

I offer the short bumpstops as well as stepped bumpstops that will screw into the frame.

also in the rear if your pass side tire is sticking out of the fenderwell and drivers side looks sunken in id look into the spohn panhard bar. TOdays the last day weekend sale on that one.

Here you go is one style
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no its not that i have different lengths I offer. in rear you need to cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame that will give you more movement of the rear end there is no way on the suburban at a full 4 inch drop in the rear or more than 3 to get a real good ride without cutting the bumpstop bracket off the frame.

I offer the short bumpstops as well as stepped bumpstops that will screw into the frame.

also in the rear if your pass side tire is sticking out of the fenderwell and drivers side looks sunken in id look into the spohn panhard bar. TOdays the last day weekend sale on that one.

Here you go is one style
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66

So you think the bouncy feeling is from it hitting the bump stops? I've been in cars that smack the bumpstops over bumps (My Camaro was one of them) and this is nothing like that, like I said it feels like I have a blown shock and the back would bounce around going over a smooth but hilly road. I thought it was because the rear bags have too much air in them. When I had no air in them the truck sat on the bumpstops and you could tell it so I originally put 12lbs in and drove it to the alignment rack once I got it on the rack to adjust the ride height I added more to get the 1/2'' higher stance in the rear.

Tires don't seem to be sticking out differently either. But I will double check but I thought the clearance issue was the same on both sides.

I used some of those bump stops on my camaro before ditching them all together as they would unload my rear suspension during hard launches at the track.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So you think the bouncy feeling is from it hitting the bump stops? I've been in cars that smack the bumpstops over bumps (My Camaro was one of them) and this is nothing like that, like I said it feels like I have a blown shock and the back would bounce around going over a smooth but hilly road. I thought it was because the rear bags have too much air in them. When I had no air in them the truck sat on the bumpstops and you could tell it so I orginally put 12lbs in and drove it to the alignment rack once I got it on the rack to adjust the ride height I added more to get the 1/2'' higher stance in the rear.

if your running the full 4 inch drop and the shorter bumpstops from belltech its still not enough. if you look at the rear bumpstops from axle clearance if its not at least 2 inches its going to bottom out easy and give a bouncy ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins