Suburban vs Silverado Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parabellum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, this may seem like a stupid question, but what are the differences in front suspension?There's just a million options for the Silverado and limited options for us. Obviously the rear is its own thing , but can anything be used from the fronts of a Silverado? Goal is to find a lift without dropping the crossmember. I'd like to gain travel and not just height. Is it possible? Or should I just go with an off the shelf setup?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The fronts are the exact same. Rears are different with coil springs. There are many variations of rear lifts with only one that has longer arms. Most have drop brackets for trailing arms or none at all swinging axle forward. How do you think lifts work if you don't lower the front cross member? The down travel of stock is 2.5" maybe you want to look into a long travel kit.

OP
OP
Parabellum

Parabellum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. Longer arms and axles up front. They're available for the trucks but not marketed to the suv's. I'd love to have like 4 inches of lift but without a crossmember drop. Uni ball uppers and fabbed lowers. Since you say they're identical, I suppose the spindles are interchangeable too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman