Suburban PPV Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BimmerDawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I thought you might like to see my build of a vehicle that GM never officially made, a Suburban PPV. Why? I have two boys under eight with oopsie twins (LOL) on the way, thus the 'Burb. I run a wheel and tire shop so we're always lowering on 26's or lifting on 35's so I wanted something different. That, and we do a lot of traveling as a family, and I couldn't think of a better highway cruiser and lane parter, haha.

Anyway, she started as a 2007 Suburban LT2 2wd just two short weeks ago:

9BC59D99-06C6-405D-BB8F-DE9A64B2E4E6_zpssetzcidu.jpg

And then I got right to work, adding 18% side and 38% windshield, plus logo removal:

unnamed_zpsagm7byuv.jpg

Then picked up a Westin Tahoe push bumper and deleted the OEM roof rack:

unnamed1_zpssvdj9scm.jpg

unnamed2_zpsz1e91jzd.jpg

Finally, I sourced a used set of Tahoe PPV wheels off eBay and had them refinished and wrapped them in 275/60/17 Goodyear RS-A's, and installed a Belltech 2/3" lowering kit with spindles and rear shocks:

2035DA90-0319-4F12-B82A-8ACB6B40675B_zpsasi6k09o.jpg

C6CD237A-04E1-4CE8-8F7E-E11146F97492_zpssnfappor.jpg

...and that's how she sits now. I plan on deleting the side strips and have four pair of blue Code 3 LED's and a siren/light controller that I'm going to install when I get some free time at work. I'll use these off-road only obviously, at stuff like car shows and the like, which I frequent almost every weekend it seems, LOL. The rear is going to come up another inch via Pro Comp spring spacers as it's a little too low out back for me. Plus an Eibach rear sway bar will be installed at some point to minimize lean into turns.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the info I've already gathered through this forum. Be sure to check back in for updates as I'll be sure to keep you guys entertained!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot this past weekend. I live off of a cut-through road with a 25mph limit that rarely is followed, so I parked the PPV out front of my house and you could imagine how entertained I was for an afternoon!

unnamed3_zpsj7hev65c.jpg

Heh, yes, we do know how entertained you were!! We live on a county road, with a school zone. 35 MPH speed limit that's not followed often, and 20 during the school zone. Amazing how many you can see coming off the stop sign down the road, hit the throttle, then get back out when they see the Tahoe or Caprice in the driveway. :D

Or better, seeing people slyly slipping their seat belt on at a stop sign/light.

That Sub looks bada$$! Nice work. I'll have to show my wife this thread. The Tahoe's her DD. We do prefer the shorter wheelbase, though, but your PPV Sub looks very official!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a couple of Whelen SA315 PAs on the bar to complete the look!

sa315_tahoe-push-bumper.jpg

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you just have to drill a bunch of holes and blob them with silicone.
Well done. :)

Don't forget to fill the luggage area with large boulders and saw blades (recommended to drive recklessly for approx 10k miles before removing them), cut out the right bolster of the driver's seat, and then randomly break a couple of door panels in places you never thought could be damaged. Oh, and take your center console out and throw that in the trash.

Btw, I am tinted exactly the same.......I regret not getting my windshields tinted before. Because of the angle of these windshields, I wish I did around 20% on it too. If I ever need to get it redone, I'll def go darker.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you just have to drill a bunch of holes and blob them with silicone.

Well done. :)

Don't forget to fill the luggage area with large boulders and saw blades (recommended to drive recklessly for approx 10k miles before removing them), cut out the right bolster of the driver's seat, and then randomly break a couple of door panels in places you never thought could be damaged. Oh, and take your center console out and throw that in the trash.

Btw, I am tinted exactly the same.......I regret not getting my windshields tinted before. Because of the angle of these windshields, I wish I did around 20% on it too. If I ever need to get it redone, I'll def go darker.

Don't forget the pen marks, food stains and other random 'stuff' on the headliner along with holes drilled on the trim pieces. :eek::gr_grin::Insane:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9