Suburban console info needed

Discussion in 'Interior' started by slowride, Sep 6, 2017.

1. slowride

slowride TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    This is what I got. I cleaned it up a bit but then a buddy stopped by so I didnt get it installed today. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow. Im gonna try to take it apart and put it on the base thats already on my floor. Looks pretty simple lol
    image.jpg

2. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    It's really easy. I did the same when I swapped out my middle jump seat for the console. I did have to take out both front seats, but you might get by just buy loosening up the seat anchoring bolts and sliding the console in. I see you're missing that rubber insert for the lid.

3. slowride

slowride TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    image.jpg Well several beers and busted knuckles later I got it installed. Man those screws inside on the passenger side that fasten the console to the base plate are in a tight spot. Would probably have been easier to remove the seats to put it in as one piece

Danny3737, Tonyrodz and HiHoeSilver like this.
  4. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy Full Access Member

Name:
    Scott
    Glad you got it all buttoned up. Yeah, I probably would have just taken the seats out, especially if you had a helper who could help you lift the seat out and then back in. It's only 4 bolts and then unplug like three wiring plugs.
    If you are working by yourself, I probably would have still ended up unbolting it at least, and then lay it back against the rear seats to get it mostly out of the way.

Tonyrodz likes this.
  5. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    I just took mine out. So much easier in the long run.

6. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy Full Access Member

Name:
    Scott
    The biggest plus is the fact that you can clean the carpet while the seats are out. Whether you just need a good vacuuming because a vacuum nozzle can't fit where the seat tracks are, or if you actually need to clean and scrub some nasty spots. It's VERY easy to do with the seats out, so I ALWAYS clean that area really good whenever I have my seats out for anything.