Suburban console info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an 05 Suburban 2500 that needs the center floor console. For whatever reason the previous owner removed the factory unit. This one has the Bose system with the amp mounted on the floor. Need to know what year models I could pull a console from and if there is anything in particular I need to look for so I can find a hassle free bolt up replacement. Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an 05 Suburban 2500 that needs the center floor console. For whatever reason the previous owner removed the factory unit. This one has the Bose system with the amp mounted on the floor. Need to know what year models I could pull a console from and if there is anything in particular I need to look for so I can find a hassle free bolt up replacement. Thanks

03-06 Suburban will work

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do have the option of installing a jump seat, unless you just absolutely want the console.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silverado/Sierra, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon/XL. All will work, just get the right color.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the truck console have air vents? So they would differ from the SUV right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. I never noticed the Suburban doesn’t have them. Still could use the truck console the vents just wouldn’t work.

OP
OP
S

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks for the replies. Picked one up yesterday out of an 04 Suburban after looking at several. Apparantly there are a couple different shades of "tan". Anyway the control head on the rear of this console has controls for both audio and fan/temp. The rear control head that came with my vehicle just has the buttons for audio. Do i need to do any swapping out or does it make any difference which one i use in the console? Trying to get it installed today while i have some time. Thanks

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks for the replies. Picked one up yesterday out of an 04 Suburban after looking at several. Apparantly there are a couple different shades of "tan". Anyway the control head on the rear of this console has controls for both audio and fan/temp. The rear control head that came with my vehicle just has the buttons for audio. Do i need to do any swapping out or does it make any difference which one i use in the console? Trying to get it installed today while i have some time. Thanks

If you have the rear audio controls that came with your truck, then I would absolutely swap them out and use yours. The console that you procured apparently came from a Suburban with a Sunroof, that's why the rear AC control is integrated into the same panel with the rear audio controls.
But on another note, if you have an aftermarket stereo, then there is no point in even worrying about it since it won't work anyway. Several people on here have obtained a "pocket" that fits into the space on the rear of the console where the controls go, in order to effectively delete the controls all together. I wish I could find such a pocket for the rear of my 00-02 center console.

OP
OP
S

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Thanks for the info on that I didnt even notice if the one it came from had a sunroof. May end up selling it so I want to get the factory stereo working and put this mess back together so it looks decent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout