Subs still not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics of install before we can move forward, best to pick up a volt meter as well, a $5 meter from HF is good enough. You probably do not have your remote turn-on installed correctly
Ok, guys everything is wired correctly, trust me it's the first thing I checked and the thing I keep checking. If it was something as simple as that then I would not be asking this question. I might as well just take this to an audio shop and have them look at it

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, guys everything is wired correctly, trust me it's the first thing I checked and the thing I keep checking. If it was something as simple as that then I would not be asking this question. I might as well just take this to an audio shop and have them look at it
Well as a former certified installer, I am asking for pics for a reason. every suggestion thus far in the thread makes sense, if you tried different speakers then i won't suggest a grounded speaker lead, but that was already covered.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the fuse under the hood. Have had that problem before. Sometimes they will blow, but still allow just enough voltage for the amp to turn on, but not enough for it to do anything. Like they said get a meter, and see what volts are actually getting to the amp. Betting it's getting like 5v or something cause the fuse.

I have had this happen several times, fuse looks good, but isn't. Meters 12v on battery side of fuse, but 5v on the amp side.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change the fuse under the hood. Have had that problem before. Sometimes they will blow, but still allow just enough voltage for the amp to turn on, but not enough for it to do anything. Like they said get a meter, and see what volts are actually getting to the amp. Betting it's getting like 5v or something cause the fuse.

I have had this happen several times, fuse looks good, but isn't. Meters 12v on battery side of fuse, but 5v on the amp side.
Idk why it would do that, it's a brand new fuse that hasn't done anything yet.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as a former certified installer, I am asking for pics for a reason. every suggestion thus far in the thread makes sense, if you tried different speakers then i won't suggest a grounded speaker lead, but that was already covered.
Sorry I'm not trying to say you don't know what you're doing. This amp stuff is starting to piss me off. I'm going to try to fix it one more time today and if it doesn't work I'm taking it to an audio shop or I'm just going to lose my mind and probably break something

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk why it would do that, it's a brand new fuse that hasn't done anything yet.

Have you put a meter on it? Instead of questioning everyone's suggestions why not try them, then let us know and we can work further to get it sorted out without you having to take it to a shop.

Did you put a new fuse when you changed amps? Also your rca preamp in the radio can fail, which would lead to no output. Have you tried hooking to your phone yet? Have you put a volt meter on anything yet?

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you put a meter on it? Instead of questioning everyone's suggestions why not try them, then let us know and we can work further to get it sorted out without you having to take it to a shop.

Did you put a new fuse when you changed amps? Also your rca preamp in the radio can fail, which would lead to no output. Have you tried hooking to your phone yet? Have you put a volt meter on anything yet?
I have tried the suggestions, all of them. My dad had a old voltmeter that I didn't trust so I went and bought a digital one. Tested it and it read 10.4 volts, opened the hood pushed the fuse together and it seemed like it was connected better now so I went and tested it and it read 7.1 volts. So I had an idea and put the positive on the positive terminal and put the negative on a bolt that holds one of those hooks down in the back and it read 12.3 volts. So could it be that I have a bad ground?

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now my amp is in protection mode so i don't know if the rca output is bad yet because I went to try and now it was in protection mode. But I'm getting this weird beeping noise when I turn off the truck and open the door. The same noise I heard when the old amp went bad. It's a 3 series of 4 beeps. I have a video of it and I'll try to upload it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout