Stubby Antennas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with finding a stubby antenna mast? I've done a few google searches and most of the info seems unreliable whether or not certain ones will fit.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the one on mine came from, but it's a shorter(maybe 18" or so?) rubber one rather than metal. It seems to work just fine, I can get more channels on my Tahoe than in my PT cruiser with a tall metal antenna!

OP
OP
DROCK84

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the one on mine came from, but it's a shorter(maybe 18" or so?) rubber one rather than metal. It seems to work just fine, I can get more channels on my Tahoe than in my PT cruiser with a tall metal antenna!

Do you have a pic of the 18" antenna? Just want to see what that would look like.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My last truck I cut the metal antenna in half and reattached the ball on top. Plastidipped it black. Looked good.
Especially since it was a free mod lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
How'd you get it off? Didn't even know they came off.
The ball? I put electrical tape over it so I didn't scratch it and twisted it off with pliers. It's not a 1 piece . Well wasn't for my last truck which was a dodge, but I would assume it's the same for the rest

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also make your own.
1. Cut down your metal antenna to the size you want.
2. Slide a piece of heater hose over it, whatever thickness you like and just short of the the height you cut the metal antenna down to.
3. Slap a vacuum cap on top. Hints why the hose should be a lil short than the mast you cut.
4. Find yourself a piece of heat shrink tube to slide over the heater hose and just enough to where it will cover the bottom of the vacuum cap.
5. Heat, make it all nice and snug.

Then just decorate/paint to your liking if ya want or leave it bare and dunzo-funzo

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 1 1/2" metal stubby but the hole was too small so I drilled and tapped it to the right threads.

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 5" stubby off amazon.com and it just screwed on liked a factory one should, fit like a charm. It doesn't get the best connection out in the country and little itty bitty towns; however, it works just fine once I get to the bigger cities. Keep in mind, this is not an issue for me considering I listen to my own music all the time..I just bought it for looks and so my stock antenna would stop hitting my garage door when I pulled in....:2cents:

Heres the link to the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQJB7EK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins