Stripped stabilizer bar nuts need help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need advise. My rear stabilizer bar keep wiggling loose. So I have a eibach sway bar lowered 2/4. My bar is moved over but on the drivers side i haven't had success with a nut bolt combination that won't wiggle loose. The passenger side was stripped from the chassis so I had to do the nut bolt thing there also. I can get it snug and good for like 50 miles then it pulls so ******* the chassis it tries to loosen and I get a popping noise. The bolts have to be short because of clearance and when tight the bar is being gripped by the bushings so tight it doesn't move up and down well and puts strain on the rear end plates.

Wondering what you all have used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
can you take a pic of whats going on? I was thinking of tightening everything like you normally do and Adding a Buddy nut. (lol) If you got room add another nut behind the existing nut and lock it down. It should prevent it from backing off. If you need more length, can you flip the bolt down so you can use a longer bolt? can't remember the setup for the rear setup at the moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon