Stock Supension with 285's - Pics Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I removed my lift a few months back and was running 265/70/17s and thought they just looked soo dinky on the truck. I read a lot online and tried to find some good pics of 285s on stock trucks and whether it worked. The best I was finding was a few z71s with crank and tons that run the reindexed keys and 1.5 or 2.0" spacers with 285s.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and swapped out my 265s for 285/70/17 and am very happy with the looks. I am completely stock on my suspension with the front cranked up to match the rear fender height. I will be ordering a 1" spacer for the rear soon as I feel that it looks like it has some cali lean.

I just wanted to post up a pic for anyone that is looking to see what this set up looks like, or wondering if 285s fit on stock 2wd suspension.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run 285's on my z71. I do get some scrub in reverse. Unless I run them at 80PSI.

OP
OP
Screwd up 6

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any rubbing at all....but prior to this my 33x12.50 cooper stt tires rubbed really bad on the drivers side inner fenderwell (where wiper fluid bottle is). I just cut the bottom of the plastic off about an inch. Never rubbed since.

For what its worth, mine are P metric and I run mine at 36psi

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just lifted mine pack up to stock height and traded my 20s for some factory 17s. They had some dinky looking 265s on them and then I found this thread. Thank you for posting Justin. Just slapped on some 285s and they look so much better

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Cant wait to see it leveled out.

blazerk5drew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking to see what size tires are going to fit on my tahoe. I want to put 20 inch wheels with some a/t or m/t tires.....how big can I go with a 20 inch wheel and cranking up the torsion bars????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33