Stock radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my radio basically has every single light burn out. im looking for a rebuilt one. i know in the gmt800 trucks (03 -07 with the built in 6 disk) you had to have the dealer program new radios with your VIN number or else it would be in theft mode. are these the same or just plug and play any radio?

also looking to order a new climate control panel for the same reasons. im assuming these just plug in? the gmt800 trucks also needed the climate system programmed also

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check YouTube for videos on how to replace the bulbs in both.

There are sellers on eBay that sell refurbished radios. I bought one a few years ago and it was just plug and play. I think they advertised the Theftlock (or whatever it's called) as being disabled.

Just make sure you match the mounting brackets on the side with your existing. I think that some used a slide-in style and others some other type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was reading about the theft lock, just wanted to verify how true it was. i saw the videos on how to replace bulbs. lets just say im pretty car savvy and ill do almost anything on my own. with the exception of electrical work lol i absolutely hate it.

i will check out the bracket before i do anything thanks for the tip

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wound up getting a re manufactured unit form ebay. works good and looks brand new. cant complain and they also give you 20$ for your core

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9