Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the factory '02 subwoofer box. Now just trying to decide on an 8" sub.

I went to Best Buy to listen to some subs as a comparison but they don't have any subs hooked up any more. I remember years back you could go there and test different subs they had or speakers and head units. Now they just have a few speakers and head units. Anyone know where you can go listen to subs before buying?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bluebear15 I put a shallow kicker 8" in mine. Has some good thump and fits fantastic, no modifications needed.

Does it hit good on the lows?

I used to have two 12" Infinity 1200W subs but want to have more space in the back. I know an 8" isn't going to compare to two 12's but wanted something that still hits the lows good.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bluebear15 I was doing good to figure out what amp i needed to order lol. I am not sure I even have it set correctly but there is definitely a difference compared to just the stock amp. It rattles things pretty good.

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the sub in the center console area? Or have an idea on how to get to it. I have a 2002 escalde that had no sub in the rear I Believe it has it in the center Console but it is not working don't hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the sub in the center console area? Or have an idea on how to get to it. I have a 2002 escalde that had no sub in the rear I Believe it has it in the center Console but it is not working don't hear it.

You sure? Behind the panel is a box with a sub inside the enclosure so it cannot be seen.
(Not a sub but a "bass box")

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure? Behind the panel is a box with a sub inside the enclosure so it cannot be seen.
(Not a sub but a "bass box")
Ok I see so the stock subwoofer cannot be seen through the screen it's higher than the hole in the rear?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you looking for a shallow sub to put in the stock box. Look at the skar VD-8. It's a little beast for a shallow sub.

Just under 4" deep and 400 rms.
I put one in a 4door jeep wrangler on a pbx300.1 and it does alot better than I thought. You can still hear it pretty good even with the top off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts