Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what that one from WalMart is, it doesn't say what year or model of GM's it works on. I personally wouldn't order my car stereo stuff from WalMart. Or pretty much anything else either.

Crutchfield listed that as what would work for my 06 Z71 and I found walmart had the best price for it. Otherwise ya I wouldn't go to walmart for that stuff

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the PAC RP5-GM11 wiring harness and should be here Friday. Should of ordered it yesterday since Walmart had it for $74 but got it today off amazon for $85. Looks like its the same or is the same as others are using.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<----- is lucky, don't have the Bose system to deal with. The speakers in the doors have some pretty damn good midbass, don't know if a previous owner swapped them out. don't care. It did have the factory radio in it, so more than likely it's all stock.

IF I ever get a bug up my ass (or if I blow an existing speaker), I've got two pairs of Pioneer 6 1/2's in my old Suburban, and have 3 pairs of Lanzar 6 1/2's in my basement, still in boxes from 5 years ago (was going to upgrade everything in my Tahoe, blah,blah....).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield listed that as what would work for my 06 Z71 and I found walmart had the best price for it. Otherwise ya I wouldn't go to walmart for that stuff
If you have an 06 then you probably shouldn't be asking me what I used because I'm pretty sure they changed in 03.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone be able to help me out? I got the wiring harness PAC RP5-GM11 which Crutchfield said was correct. However last night when I wired it up I still had the same static/interference as before. It also drained my battery over night somehow and took out the dash lights and odometer reading display area. Once I unplugged the main harness it returned back to normal. I'm just really frustrated with it now as this should of been the fix but I just ended up with more problems.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the small issues fixed by eliminating the other routed switched accessory power red wire that I had with the wrong harness. Wired the switched accessory power red wire correctly in the new harness.

However I am still having the static/interference issue. Another thing I noticed was that the front right speaker and tweeter are much louder than the rest of the speakers. The fade/balance is set in the middle but the volume levels are different. The other speakers are very soft with the front right speaker and tweeter being fairly loud. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? I'm guessing this might have a role in the static/interference issue.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called PAC and they helped me identify I had the connection from the main harness to the blue box module incorrect. On the module I had it plugged into "Factory Amplified" when it should be plugged into "Non-Factory Amplified". That fixed the issue of the volume out the speakers.

Still have the static/interference which they suggested checking the ground. I'll check it out later and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B