Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And an iPad in the dash... nice!

Where'd you move your heater controls? The popup compartments in your enclosure?
How much airspace/volume do you have in that, and what are you putting in it? Sealed or ported?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

iTahoe

Reaction score
I opened up the fifield kit to allow access to HVAC and radio behind the iPad which slides out. I didn't want to incorporate it into the center console in case I had to sell that center console one day.

The pop up compartments are a center console out of a 2010ish GMC. I had to trim it to fit and then installed my processor remote in the coin tray.

Enclosure is slot ported to 35 Hertz with a little over one cubic foot after driver displacement

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a factory box out of an 02 tahoe into my 04 tahoe with bose, already had the center console sub but i wanted a little more bump in the back. Used a kicker shallow mount 8 inch sub, and dremmeled out all of the indentations in the fake speaker grill back there. Since the 04 jack is mounted in there I had to drill 1 hole in the back of the sub box to accomodate a mounting stud and go the dealer to get the factory mounting nuts and bolts for the 02 sub box on top, they pop right into place on the 04 sheet metal. As you can see the jack still fits in there fine and i can get the mounting bracket on the jack still but it's tight. A little sticky weatherstrip foam from oreillys and it doesnt vibrate against the panel at all. Put the amp under the second row.
IMG_9605.jpg IMG_9606.jpg IMG_9607.jpg IMG_9608.jpg IMG_9609.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I put a factory box out of an 02 tahoe into my 04 tahoe with bose, already had the center console sub but i wanted a little more bump in the back. Used a kicker shallow mount 8 inch sub, and dremmeled out all of the indentations in the fake speaker grill back there. Since the 04 jack is mounted in there I had to drill 1 hole in the back of the sub box to accomodate a mounting stud and go the dealer to get the factory mounting nuts and bolts for the 02 sub box on top, they pop right into place on the 04 sheet metal. As you can see the jack still fits in there fine and i can get the mounting bracket on the jack still but it's tight. A little sticky weatherstrip foam from oreillys and it doesnt vibrate against the panel at all. Put the amp under the second row.
View attachment 81104 View attachment 81105 View attachment 81106 View attachment 81107 View attachment 81108
Some guys have mounted the Jack under the hood on the 2nd--unused--battery tray.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 81104 View attachment 81105 View attachment 81106 View attachment 81107 View attachment 81108
Great job! I bet that sounds way better.