Stock fender flares 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking abot changing from the chrome wheel trim opening to the stock flares on my 1997 two door.

How do the STOCK flares mount on the Tahoe 2 doors?
Seems to me like they are screwed in along the wheel well opening lip and then bolted from behind about two inches further up from the wheel well opening in like 8 places.

Has anyone added stock flares?
Do the front fenders have to come off to do this properly?
Looks like there might be access "panels" on the inside of the rear quarters; are these just pop out?
Are there stock looking flares that adhere versus screw mount?

Thanks,
Tbruz

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea the fender ones go in with the undet ones and theres also soke in the fender..... The rear ones i can look at my 2dr

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20120408_114944.jpg20120430_190550.jpg

My Yukon had the factory flares on it when I bought it. They were bolted in about 2 inchs up on the fenders and quater panels. What a pain to unistall, You have to remove the fender liners on the front and inner panels on the rear. The new ones bolt on the bottom using the lips on the fenders, and had double sided tape on the tops part of the flares.. The photos show the OEM and the new ones after being painted. Hope this helps..

RebelXL

Reaction score
20120408_114944.jpg20120430_190550.jpg

My Yukon had the factory flares on it when I bought it. They were bolted in about 2 inchs up on the fenders and quater panels. What a pain to unistall, You have to remove the fender liners on the front and inner panels on the rear. The new ones bolt on the bottom using the lips on the fenders, and had double sided tape on the tops part of the flares.. The photos show the OEM and the new ones after being painted. Hope this helps..

I know this is an old thread but can you tell me the brand and size of your rims and tires?
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024