Still looking to lower my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white15

Reaction score
So I purchased the NorCal kit and installed it.... It rode really rough and was lower than I wanted. I'm looking just to bring down the rear of the truck about an 1"

The front of my truck from the ground to fender is 35" and the rear is 38" I still want a bit of a rake, but just not SOOOO drastic. Is there anything out there that will bring it down minimally and still ride like factory?

I hear of this Heater hose mod for the NorCal kit to get it lower than what the kit is designed for, I wonder if I did that on the Factory springs if it would give me the look im trying to get?

Thanks for any input guys..... GM should have just made is bodystyle with a normal rake (like the last generation)

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ok what year was the denali? Now on the rear the kit you used the 1 inch spacer correct? are you just trying to get the back to sit at 37 inches?

OP
OP
W

white15

Reaction score
The Denali is a 2016 (I think early build though, because most of the new ones 16-17 are sitting higher in the front than mine) Yes I did use the spacer.... the back at 36.75-37" would be perfect for me

OP
OP
W

white15

Reaction score
That could work.... is there anyway using the stock spring? Maybe getting a thinner isolator or something if they are that thick?

FYI Attached is the kit I have.

IMG_7413.JPG

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im trying to figure out why rode harsh but if you want only 1 inch of drop either the spacers or you can try the heater hose mod on stock springs and shorten the autoride rod

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That box looks like its says its for 00-06 trucks...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
00 to 17 it's all the same for springs

OP
OP
W

white15

Reaction score
00 to 17 it's all the same for springs

Thanks for all the help! I read somewhere you said the last generation has thinner shock issolators.... is that true? Will the fit on the 16 stock springs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne