Steering wheel upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I actually "scratched/scraped" off the peeling top coat on the plastic steering wheel inserts and I actually liked the "peeling/peeled" layer completely removed and left unpainted. Its a nice glossy black!

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually "scratched/scraped" off the peeling top coat on the plastic steering wheel inserts and I actually liked the "peeling/peeled" layer completely removed and left unpainted. Its a nice glossy black!

On ebay I saw that there are also "overlays", that would give the spokes sort of a carbon-fibre look

but I wanted the audio controls too

Ron

AZ2008LS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you need a steering wheel? I have one from an 08 Tahoe with cruise and audio controls and gloss black trim pieces. Comes with everything but the airbag

Do you still have the steering wheel for an '08 Tahoe? I want to upgrade mine to add audio controls. I can re-use my existing airbag. What is the condition of it? Thanks! (New PPV owner)

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you still have the steering wheel for an '08 Tahoe? I want to upgrade mine to add audio controls. I can re-use my existing airbag. What is the condition of it? Thanks! (New PPV owner)

If he doesn't, there are tons of them on eBay for very reasonable prices. I had no issues finding a complete leather wheel with all the controls for just under a C-note.