Steering wheel upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

are there different 'types' of steering wheels with audio controls? The ones I see also have a phone-button, or two. I don't have the phone part (I am pretty sure) so was wondering if there were any with more 'audio functionality', or so.

Ron

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My 08 didn't have factory Bluetooth (wasn't available until 09) but my "phone" button mutes the radio.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its either all or none ron. But lije tgese guys said, pnp and things will work that you didnt know you had

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 didn't have factory Bluetooth (wasn't available until 09) but my "phone" button mutes the radio.

Hmm, that's strange, I figured models without blue tooth still having the buttons for it. I wondered also, if blue tooth can be added, these modules are pretty small, since forever

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A swap over to a factory wheel with audio controls is a straight forward swap, and requires no coding. I bought a new leather GM wheel with audio controls, its plug and play.
That's what I am looking at too, The wheel I have now is a little worn (the area around the 'spokes' is worn, the finish came off (most be a common problem, I see overlays everywhere). Also, the rubber wheel gets really hot in the sun, leather ones not as much. Any good places to look/shop other than ebay?

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its either all or none ron. But lije tgese guys said, pnp and things will work that you didnt know you had

Hi Pete,

I heard that on here, I like plug and play with this. I am finding new stuff every so much time. Except for the typical "steering wheel audio controls" like on other cars, there are other features? I like the 'mute' option, like Ken mentioned. Apparently the Nav Radio doesn't have one (at least not an obvious one. I miss that one, going through guard stations several times a day.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues