Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't clear with my question. The bilstein 5100 from the link above. Connects to the pitman arm (non-u-bracket) and how is it best secured from there? It doesn't come with an L-shape bracket to drill into the frame does it?
That ones for the 2500's only and is a replacement for the stock stabilizers that come installed on those from the factory. It's a replacement part, not an add-on part.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't clear with my question. The bilstein 5100 from the link above. Connects to the pitman arm (non-u-bracket) and how is it best secured from there? It doesn't come with an L-shape bracket to drill into the frame does it?

The bilstein one is for a HD truck that comes with one from the factory. It doesn't come with brackets. Not for install on the 1500's

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think i'll try and make this bilstein work on the 1500 anyway. Fairly confident it'll connect to the stock center-link. Maybe just weld a bracket for the other end. Any thoughts on that? Hoping to get a 2500 here today to compare.. someone familiar care to chime in on what i'm up against?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think i'll try and make this bilstein work on the 1500 anyway. Fairly confident it'll connect to the stock center-link. Maybe just weld a bracket for the other end. Any thoughts on that? Hoping to get a 2500 here today to compare.. someone familiar care to chime in on what i'm up against?

If you can fabricate custom brackets you could make it work.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know a few years ago someone here used a SS from NBS to NNBS...I search to find it again but to know avail. Anyway I believe he ended up drilling out 1 hole into the frame in addition to an L bracket or something.

Either way wish I could find the thread, as I'd like to give it a try..bigger tires and road ruts sure would appreciate th advantages of SS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts