Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they come with them from the factory so there are factory provisions for one.
Hey how come you know so much about the NNBS trucks? Just curious since yours is a NBS! But since you do: would it be possible to use the factory XL2500 parts or at least the mount on the regular Yukon's?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how come you know so much about the NNBS trucks? Just curious since yours is a NBS! But since you do: would it be possible to use the factory XL2500 parts or at least the mount on the regular Yukon's?

I read too much. I spend way more time reading about different things people do to their vehicles than I do working on my own unfortunately.

I looked into swapping 2500 steering components into 1500 chassis and it does not seem that anyone has done so. Jeep guys ream out their knuckles to accept the HD GM steering linkages when running big tires. You can however body swap em and throw a 1500 on top of a 2500 frame or vice versa. Someone on performancetrucks.net has done that.

So.. Not sure on the second part. I'd have to look into it. Im guessing no... or someone would have done it. I can't seem to find anything. Maybe my google fu is failing me.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about reaming out my knuckles to accept the HD 2500 Tie rods and centerlink. Anyone done this to get beefier Tie Rods. I figured if I could use any 2500 Tie Rods, I wouldn't be as limited to only Rare Parts ones for Bigger 1500's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about reaming out my knuckles to accept the HD 2500 Tie rods and centerlink. Anyone done this to get beefier Tie Rods. I figured if I could use any 2500 Tie Rods, I wouldn't be as limited to only Rare Parts ones for Bigger 1500's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd be cheaper. Though a good reamer bit isnt that cheap I suppose. If your only going to do the job once and don't need the reamer bit afterward than the rareparts option makes sense probably

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys figure anything out on this? Looking to add this to an NBS Tahoe. Think this should fit on the stock pin yeah? Just add a bracket to the frame?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys figure anything out on this? Looking to add this to an NBS Tahoe. Think this should fit on the stock pin yeah? Just add a bracket to the frame?

Yeah the KYB and the rough country ones are a pretty easy install on the NBS 1500's. You need to drill 1 hole.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't clear with my question. The bilstein 5100 from the link above. Connects to the pitman arm (non-u-bracket) and how is it best secured from there? It doesn't come with an L-shape bracket to drill into the frame does it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts