Steering Gear Sources

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denali WIP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried posting in the Drivetrain section but had no responses so perhaps this is the more appropriate section.

"Alright let me get the intro out of the way before I ask my first question. ;-)

I have a 1999 Yukon Denali and I have decided to re-invest in it after pricing new Denali's and dieseltrucks. So far I have rebuikt the rear end replaced all the steeringparts except for the steeringgearand power steeringpump, replaced the enginetransmission and transfer case with Jasper replacements. The transmission is a Jasper Stage 1 since I occasionally haul and prefer a firmer shift. Just replaced the shocks with Bilstein B6 but not the comfort ride valving version in the rear. My goal is to make this vehicle as good as I possibly can with upgrades whenever the opportunity presents itself and is possible but keeping the stock or near stock ride height for the time being.

So now for my first question ... the power steeringgear needs to be replaced and I do not want a cheap rebuilt one. So I am looking at AGR's, Red Heads and AC-Delco. Are there any others I should consider and who or where has the best prices on them.

Thanks!"

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Responded to your original post in the engine/drivetrain section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01