Stabilitrak & Traction Control issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulak34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello My fellow friends, Looking to hopefully getting some help from someone here.

My Hoe was involved in a wreck back in August. I got it out of the shop a few weeks ago and everything seemed fine. The wreck was a side swiped on the driver's side where the other car hit my tire.

Rack & Pinion was replaced
Tie rod as well
New Rim (Mine was cracked)

Now I'm getting the following message

Stabilitrak Off
Traction Control Off
Service Stabilitrak
Service Traction Control
Message comes on once I shift into gear, and the vehicle starts moving.

No ABS light, No problem when shifting, no hard idle, no Check engine light, no reduced power.

I do feel as if my steering console is somewhat loose, yet pretty straight. Could be me being paranoid, but I also feel as if I can feel more bumps in the steering wheel. Like little ones I wouldn't beforehand. The Truck is not pulling, and driving good, yet I just feel as if the actual steering wheel is not as "tight" as it was before. The MPG to go is also reading super low (300 Miles left on Full tank) than it was before (415 miles left on Full tank)

I'm asking if you guys can begin to point me in the right direction. I feel like it may be 2 problems, and I'm hoping someone can just she'd light. Are there any Fuses I should check? Sensors? Can it be the bearing that was damaged?

Anything is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact your insurance company and have them make the repair shop fix your truck.

Rule Andrews

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello My fellow friends, Looking to hopefully getting some help from someone here.

My Hoe was involved in a wreck back in August. I got it out of the shop a few weeks ago and everything seemed fine. The wreck was a side swiped on the driver's side where the other car hit my tire.

Rack & Pinion was replaced
Tie rod as well
New Rim (Mine was cracked)

Now I'm getting the following message

Stabilitrak Off
Traction Control Off
Service Stabilitrak
Service Traction Control
Message comes on once I shift into gear, and the vehicle starts moving.

No ABS light, No problem when shifting, no hard idle, no Check engine light, no reduced power.

I do feel as if my steering console is somewhat loose, yet pretty straight. Could be me being paranoid, but I also feel as if I can feel more bumps in the steering wheel. Like little ones I wouldn't beforehand. The Truck is not pulling, and driving good, yet I just feel as if the actual steering wheel is not as "tight" as it was before. The MPG to go is also reading super low (300 Miles left on Full tank) than it was before (415 miles left on Full tank)

I'm asking if you guys can begin to point me in the right direction. I feel like it may be 2 problems, and I'm hoping someone can just she'd light. Are there any Fuses I should check? Sensors? Can it be the bearing that was damaged?

Anything is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Were you able to figure anything out with the Stabilitrak lights?

OP
OP
U

Ulak34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were you able to figure anything out with the Stabilitrak lights?

Not yet, I've put 2.5 K miles on it, and just got back from a trip to California from Phoenix. A little bit of play in the steering wheel, aside from that everything is fine. I am pretty sure it's a Steering wheel position sensor. I'll post the fix when I find it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts