Stabilitrak disable function?

Discussion in 'Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion' started by Lightning 95, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Lightning 95

Lightning 95 Member

Name:
    Keith
    I think the option to do that disappeared in 2013, as I'm finding out. Haven't had any yet, but I always loved getting out in the fresh snow for a little drifting. Been doing that for 47 years just for fun.

2. MidwestMike

MidwestMike Full Access Member

Name:
    Mike
    Are you sure you are holding the button in long enough?
    That was copied out of 2014 manual.

3. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Senior Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    Just pull the fuse when you don't want it enabled, if you don't want stabiltrac you won't want abs either they will both disabled and light will be on till you put fuse back in. Or just wire in a toggle switch for convenience

4. CrashTestDummy

CrashTestDummy Full Access Member

Name:
    Gene
    I’ll have to look around, but don’t think we have a ‘traction’ button on the ‘10 Tahoe.

5. Ojustracing

Ojustracing TYF Newbie

Name:
    john
    Mike turning off both traction/stabiltrac on the 12+ PPV does not work(. Your only choice is on or traction control off, not both. But on the SSV you can turn off both. go figure!!!! Like I said above if you want to turn it off(traction/stabitrac) just unplug the brake fluid level sensor and you still retain ABS function. Gene late model 2010 ppv had both seeing that you dont have the button. Enjoy!!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  6. Galante

Galante Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    I press and hold my button a few seconds (hehe) and both go off.... then i can play in snow, grass and power brake the tires if it if i wanted....2013 tahoe LT