Stabilitrac Trac control with hard shifting and cam sensor code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bsgiffor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 escalade
6l80e
250000 miles
Just like the title says my truck has the cam position sensor code and check engine light on and displays the stabilitrac and Tc lights. My tranny has been shifting and clunking very hard especially on 1-2 shift up and down. When the error lights are on It also idles very low and strained and tries to lurch and bucks when shifted into drive or reverse with foot on brake. It also sometimes just looses its gear while driving snd just revs until i slow down and let it hit first or second gear then will take off snd bang off each gear normally. I just did the cam position sensor and the ce went away for a while but came back on as I feared when I test drove for a half hour. So here's the part that gets me...if I unhook battery the thing shifts soft and smoothly and dosent do all the crap the tranny does until the stsbilitrac and Tc lights come on. I just reset it again and the ce light stayed off but the stabilitrac light came on within 5 mins of driving. As soon as the error lights come on it starts to shift hard and clunk. I don't know what to do since the only code it's giving is the cam position sensor code (can't remember it right now).
For those of you who read all the crap my tranny is doing...I KNOW. It's on its way out. It's got a quarter million miles on it. I just want to drive it until it grenades. Or if there is a cheaper fix like replace the torque converter let me know. Am I on the right track thinking the converter needs replacing? What should I do about the error lights?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your oil pressure at idle? Your oil pick up tube o ring might be cracked. Mine was doing the exact same thing. It is common on these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bsgiffor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know. It doesn't have a oil pressure gauge. A scanner might tell me that though?

OP
OP
B

Bsgiffor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should mention...the thing runs light a ***** ape at full throttle. It pulls light a freight train. I see other guys posting about these error messages and hard shifting but there is no performance issues with mine .

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Fix the cam sensor and your stabilitrac and traction control lights will stay off and your transmission will shift normally.

The ECU turns off stabilitrac and traction control whenever there is a problem to take them out of the equation.

OP
OP
B

Bsgiffor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did change the cam sensor and it has the same issue

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be the variable valve timing solenoid. They are known to get gunked up and throw p0011 code. If it's not the solenoid, I'm almost certain your engine oil pick up tube o-ring is cracked which doesn't allow/provide sufficient oil and starves the engine which then throws the stabilitrack message and the tranny clunks with hard shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs