Squeaking window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Denali. Anyone found a long term fix for the driver window awful squeal in cold weather? Just got cold here and the noise is back. I’ve tried rainx onboth sides cutting away some tight rubber areas but it’s back. I’ve had the door apart and with no panel no noise. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised no one has chimed in. It’s fairly common from what I hear.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't had squeaky windows on my '04 but do apply silicone spray to a microfiber cloth or rag and do the door weatherstripping. Unless I'm trying to free up a stuck fastener or douse a fire I don't spray the heck out of anything like that.

Might be worthwhile to have the window all the way down and apply some to the rubber wipe, letting it dry before raising the window. Not sure how much of that will transfer to the glass, though.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is more of a chatter with a slight squeak than just a squeak.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, in my experience chatter is typically caused by lack of lube on the window regulator tracks inside the door. Haven't had to do this with the Hoe, but have pulled door panels on others to re-lube the tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts