Squeaking suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suspension on my Denali has squeaked since day one.
I asked them to 'grease' the suspension on the rear of the truck last year and it seemed to work short term. Then I asked a different dealership to do the front with no results.

Is there any way to fix this?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I asked them to 'grease' the suspension on the rear of the truck last year and it seemed to work short term. Then I asked a different dealership to do the front with no results.

You can fix it. First you need to find the squeak. Check the sway bar bushings.

formula271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed in cooler temps (~40F or less), my front suspension squeaked. It was especially noticeable at low speed going over speed bumps. I squirt the front control arms with some silicone spray ~3000 miles ago, and it's been quiet ever since.

I have a '15 Suburban LTZ with the MRC.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to work on this. It's pretty embarrassing driving through my kids school parking lot sounding like an old tractor over the speed bumps.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get some GOOD lithium grease, remove the front and rear sway bar (D) bushings (there is 2 on the front and 2 on the back), coat them inside the bushings real good with the lithium grease, put them back on, you should be good a long while. spraying from the outside wont do much for very long. to do the front you will need to have it jacked up to release the pressure, the rear needs to be done while wheels are on the ground or on ramps.

Sjp45066

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to work on this. It's pretty embarrassing driving through my kids school parking lot sounding like an old tractor over the speed bumps.

I have a 2016 Tahoe and had a similar problem a few months ago. After 3 trips to 2 different dealers, it was fixed.

According to the repair order they replaced a "jounce bumper". GM is actually aware of this because a technical service bulletin (PIT5477A) was listed in the repair details. So obviously there is a known issue. I would mention this TSB number to your dealer and insist they perform the associated repair.

Good luck.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound strange, but check the parking brake cables as well. The housings can squeak and sound like part of the suspension. Coat them and the bushings with silicone spray or a WAX-based undercoating like Amsoil HD-MP or Eastwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic