Squat???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Tool

You know nothing about suspension. The easiest way to help offset a higher center of gravity is a wider track. Lifted trucks can easily do donuts if the shocks, springs, and sway bars are stiff enough/thick enough. Cadillac's suspension is not much different than a Tahoe or Yukon. The valve in the shock may be slightly larger. The springs may be softer. The sway bar may be thicker or thinner, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Yes, the part numbers are different, but they may, and often do, cross over to a part number used on Chevy and GMC trucks. Nobody makes a perfect car. GM can't please everybody so they make the most satificing vehicles they can in order to maximize profits. All car companies do. Tires can affect the ride too.

For performance, you failed to address any real concern with the suspension, ie squat on a holeshot, cornering, etc. How's your steering? Do you have understeer or oversteer? Do you even know what those terms mean? Quick, run to Google and figure it out before replying to me.

You claim to have a bunch of performance stuff done to your truck, but drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit to same on fuel. The right performance mods done the right way would not only improve mpg while cruising, but make your vehicle quicker too. I can point to previous vehicles of mine as experience.

Not only is your car a danger to those around you, but so is your driving.

Last edited:

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tool

You know nothing about suspension. The easiest way to help offset a higher center of gravity is a wider track. Lifted trucks can easily do donuts if the shocks, springs, and sway bars are stuff enough/thick enough. Cadillac's suspension is not much different than a Tahoe or Yukon. The valve in the shock may be slightly larger. The springs may be softer. The sway bar may be thicker or thinner, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Yes, the part numbers are different, but they may, and often do, cross over to a part number used on Chevy and GMC trucks. Types can affect the ride too. For performance, you failed to address any real concern with the suspension, ie squat on a holeshot, cornering, etc. How's your steering? Do you have understeer or oversteer? Do you even know what those terms mean? Quick, run to Google and figure it out before replying to me. You claim to have a bunch of performance stuff done to your truck, but drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit to same on fuel. The right performance mods done the right way would not only improve mpg while cruising, but make your vehicle quicker too. I can point to previous vehicles of mine as experience. Not only is your car a danger to those around you, but so is your driving.

my steering is great no rubbing turns just as fine as it did stock. and yes i have a bunch of performance stuff and drive under the speed limit to save even more gas.. how does that not make sense? and how is my driving dangerous? if im on the hw going 60 in the slow lane how does that effect anyone else? especially people not in my lane. and back to suspension.... i wasnt including the fact that you can put wider tires, offset rims and such i was saying the height is not as safe as a stock... am i not right? just like he said my lights point up buttttt i angled them down to fit the squat but be courteous. and yes its pretty much the same suspention but it does have a few better things about it... hence why its a luxury suv.. you can hate all you want and bash me cause im not a mechanic and what ever but i know a good amount about trucks, i know mine squats and it rides damn smooth got alota performance in it and if your gonna tell me it doesnt you can suck my dick

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ok girls clean it up or nathan or burb are gonna put yall in the time out corner

Yusofat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any room for suspension travel? I don't personally like the extreme squat (i.e. 4" + difference from front to rear but to each their own. I just don't see the purpose of it from a mechanical point of view. Seems that it can be a real safety hazard too. Just my thoughts.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
No room for travel, very dangerous and a stupid idea hell my body lift looks a shitload better and outperforms this stupid squat crap

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any room for suspension travel? I don't personally like the extreme squat (i.e. 4" + difference from front to rear but to each their own. I just don't see the purpose of it from a mechanical point of view. Seems that it can be a real safety hazard too. Just my thoughts.

yeah there aint no travel with the huge squats. and when its squated bad your snap a cv joint like its nothing. and ty rods

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts