Squat???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
the intention is to be "different from the normal". we all do that with what we drive. but when it comes down to driver safety then it becomes idiotic and foolish. im sure none of the guys re-angle their headlights down. their headlights aiming at the sky is like someone riding around with their high beams on all the time which blinds oncoming vehicles. hence a danger. im not knocking the way they did it. im sure they put just as much money into it sitting funny as we do making ours sit right. but when it comes to safety, then you dont have a leg to stand on.

and i compare them to donks because they put large wheels on a vehicle thats far from equipped to handle such a rolling force as well as the ability to stop it. along with half ass lifting them, they too are a danger to the rode.

you cant tell me how this is a good thing to do nor can you talk to me about suspension. believe me i know about suspension

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you just buy that truck? I swear I saw one on craigslist a few months ago. Black escalade with a brush guard, factory wheels with some bigger Toyo MTs on it. Not squated out. It was in Boca Raton, FL. Looks just like yours.

BTW you're suspension isn't from a cadillac it's from a 1988 k1500 truck.

i got added rancho shocks to my front end.

and yeah same truck i didnt do anything different to the suspension on it in the different pics, just angles i guess. it was squated from the second put tires on it and yeah i wanted to sell cause i was bored and ran outa money and mpg where shit but my tranny was bad so got that fixed and now my rpms run right and gas isnt to bad. driving 15 under everwhere helps too haha. alot more is coming now that im working again.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Hard to tell by your album picture but it looks really cranked to me. I would drop it back down to save the front end. Nice truck though. It looked pretty clean on craigslist.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did i say a squat does that? no ive put a lot into my truck so I'm saying dont call it a hack job more performance than anything else. and yes i guarentee it rides smother with cranked keys because its a cadillac didnt say they improved the ride just saying my hackjob truck rides better then his 2 door cencal style tahoe

Ok Because its a CADDY its supposed to ride better with a squat lol Go troll somewhere else, FACTS are FACTS I will PUT MONEY that my truck rides better EVEN WITH my mud grapplers , then ANY TB lift GARUNTEE it . here is a little Insight . Not all the time but about 90% of the time YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR my truck rides better than stock Only because my CV angles are FLAT and Ive spent more than 4 grand in my suspension system 2300 in a 6.5 inch super lift and about 1200 in replacing all suspension components that the lift didn't already replace . People who ride in my truck are AMAZED how well it rides

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my headlights are angled down because i couldnt see in the rain. and its the same effect as if you where to lift a truck up high anyway it will be right in a cars back window. and most of us with the squated trucks drive real slow and cruise, i myself drive 10-15 under for gas reasons and so does everyone else that i hang with so i think our squated trucks will be able to handle themselves when coming to a stop. every truck that has a lot more mods then factor technically isnt as safe as it was, when you lift your truck up high you change the weight distribution higher off the ground so hence it is more likely to roll over i can find alota things to nit pic at on all trucks. your just picking at something that doesnt make that much of a difference.

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Donyukon i beleieve your truck rides good never said it didn't. and im not trolling nor attacking anyone im just giving my opinion. yes thats exactly what im saying my cadillac rides smoother then every other truck that is squated because it is a cadillac annddddd i barely have the bars cranked

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

they change the distribution of weight to a higher spot, please try and do dounts in a stock tahoe then lift it 12 inches and try it, ***** not gonna be the same

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

thanks dylan and no they are barely cranked at all my front and backs difference is maybe 2 inches and i put rancho shocks up in the front to aid with the ride but once i lift it i will probably level it a bit more.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:emotions133:
Donyukon i beleieve your truck rides good never said it didn't. and im not trolling nor attacking anyone im just giving my opinion. yes thats exactly what im saying my cadillac rides smoother then every other truck that is squated because it is a cadillac annddddd i barely have the bars cranked

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

they change the distribution of weight to a higher spot, please try and do dounts in a stock tahoe then lift it 12 inches and try it, ***** not gonna be the same

Just looked at your picture and I have to say its not what I pictured in my head , sorry if i acted out a little bit and got carried away , Yours isn't squatted as bad as I've seen , I do apologize if i offended you , But If you read the first page of this thread I guess i hold something personal to some of the guys I've met who are cocky about the whole squat scene

southercadillac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
na mane its straight thats what i was trying to say haha i said it up a while ago mine isnt retarded big its a little baby squat i aint offened at all no harm no foul.. i was just defending myself.. btw we running almost the same setup. i want to get to where you are its just hard when im ballin on a budget in college hah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins