SQ Competition Denali Audio upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_2782.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2853.JPG

I've had a few systems in my Denali over the last few years but decided to take it over the top and build a true sound quality competition audio system. Car Audio has been a passion of mine for over 25 years on and off.

The system was built by Mobile Toys in College Station, Tx by the owner Chris Pate and his bad ass team!

They actually do any type customization to a vehicle you could want from car audio audio, lifts,drops, rims, custom interiors- etc. if you can think of it- they probably have done it. Check out their website or FB page for other cool projects.

There's over 200 hours of custom fabrication and several hours of tuning the digital sound processor involved.

Kept the factory touchscreen headunit for rear camera, dvds etc but added a 2nd Hi Def Audio Head unit.

Here's the layout

Sony RSX-GS9 Hi Resolution HD Audio Headunit.

Uplifts any audio file into hi resolution audio. It doesn't have a touchscreen and the display is pretty small but its focus isn't on buttons and display but HD Audio files. Controlled via the Sony SongPal App or remote that comes with it.

Front Stage dash custom speaker pods:
Hybrid Audio Technologies
L3se- 3" midrange speakers
L1ProR2 tweeters

Added 8" Midbass Custom Kick Panels with custom pressed grills
JL Audio ZR800

We had to remove the ebrake assembly but converted it to an actuator E-brake thats controlled via switch under the dash.

Rear speakers- only in use when I have the kids or want rear audio sound
Hybrid Audio Technologies once again handles speaker duties here
L6v2-7.1" midbass and L1 ProR2 tweeters run with passive crossover.

Custom Amp Rack and subwoofer behind 3rd row
Amplifiers-
Audison Voce 5.1k 5 Channel Amp
Audison Voce Quattro 4 Channel Amp

Subwoofer-
Single 12" JL Audio W6v3 sealed in 1.125" enclosure.

I am running front stage active and using a 10 channel Digital Signal Processor

DSP-Helix Pro MKII with director (remote)

meaning there are no passive crossovers and each speaker has its own amplifier channel.

Battery was upgraded to a XS Power D3400. Had a custom battery top made following the same copper theme as the rest of the installation.

Big 3 Upgrade was done to 1/0 Stinger Hyperflex Wire.

Audio system power wires are a 1/0 run of Stinger Hyperflex power wire.

I have all power wires covered with techflex for looks.

RCA's- Stinger 9000 series RCA's all around.

Speakerwire we went with Audio quest 12awg ofc copper wires.

Thi was built specifically for sound quality car audio competitions but more so for me to have a killer reference level audio system.

Last edited:

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Christ I'll bet that sounds good. I cried the day I sold my Audison Thesis gear. Nice install

James2012yukonXl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DAMNNNNNNN... Very clean install and set up. Who did the work for you on this. I live in Louisiana, not to far from TX, I want a set up very similar to this.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a setup like that in a while! Nice choice on gear, and that install in on point! Not too many come into a shop and look for that kind of setup. Most kids want subs and an amp, so this makes me happy to see someone with taste!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9