Spyder Auto Headlights, Are they Junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Spyder’s are good, but projector is not made for HID, its made for halogen.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Mange16v

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Do you know of any lights that are designed with a projector for HID's? Preferably a glass lens... These were the closest I have found to being a projector style light.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know of any lights that are designed with a projector for HID's? Preferably a glass lens... These were the closest I have found to being a projector style light.
No, there is like none, you have to retrofit them yourself.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
@NathanJax has the link to the headlight thread info.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Spyder optic led headlights haven't installed them but as far as quality goes It seems pretty sturdy and not cheaply made, however i do know the output of the spyder projectors are terrible, so I will be replacing it with a better d2s4.0 projector.

OP
OP
Mange16v

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are on sale right now, And I would probably do an HID retrofit to them either way. I was looking at the smoked set with side markers. Just don't want to do work to a junk housing. I just put Projectors from an audi TT in my S6. Looks factory but is a bit of work

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score

HIDs are run in projectors all the time straight from the manufacturer.
In this case you just need to make sure you buy the correct HID bulb. D1S bulbs are designed for projector applications, D1R bulbs are used in reflector housings. R bulbs have a coating painted on to them which help the reflector produce a cut off line, S bulbs do not, similar to halogen.