Spring and shock recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jose6326

Reaction score
i want to replace the springs to handle more weight when i haul my sport bike by itself on a motorcycle carrier (see internet pic) and also when i pull a trailer with 2- 4 sport bikes

last year i hauled my bike with the hitch carrier from Chicago all the way to Texas, Cali, Nevada and back.
The rear was sagging pretty good

what springs and shocks do you guys recommend that wont break my bank account?
or what other suggestions can i do to my hoe to handle more weight?

i have an 03 tahoe with 170k miles and a 2inch body lift, air suspension removed and regular shocks installed

thanks

hitch-mounted-steel-motorcycle-carrier__10.jpg

Last edited:

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to replace the springs to handle more weight when i haul my sport bike by itself on a motorcycle carrier (see internet pic) and also when i pull a trailer with 2- 4 sport bikes

last year i hauled my bike with the hitch carrier from Chicago all the way to Texas, Cali, Nevada and back.
The rear was sagging pretty good

what springs and shocks do you guys recommend that wont break my bank account?
or what other suggestions can i do to my hoe to handle more weight?

i have an 03 tahoe with 170k miles and a 2inch body lift, air suspension removed and regular shocks installed

thanks

View attachment 80749
Try z71 springs, they are a little taller. And everyone recommends bilstien shocks. 4600 series for you since you have stock suspension, if I remember correctly I think the 5100s are for more of an off-road use and for slightly lifted trucks

OP
OP
J

jose6326

Reaction score
which of these springs would you recommend from rockauto

springs.PNG

Last edited:

tlang

Reaction score
New springs are great and may be needed, however might I suggest the air bags you insert into the springs and can add air when you have a heavy load? I just put them in my buddies NNBS Denali for hauling his boat, it made a night and day difference. I think the kit is about 100 bucks and takes about an house to install.

It really is the best of both worlds and makes an incredible difference. Once you transfer that weighht back forward your handling and steering really come back to normal.

Hope that helps

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best bet would be to have a set custom made, with a variable spring rate. Ideally, they'd ride the same when unladen, but putting a load on, they'd stiffen up considerably, without sagging hardly at all. As a bonus, you can have them made to whatever height you want (to lift or lower).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh