Speedo intermittent failure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Reaction score
So the speedo failed yesterday. Jerky, and 10-20 mph low. Shut her down. Restarted and no problems since. But for me one failure is a permanent future problem. My girl has 180k. I’m guessing stepper motor failure but that’s just a guess. Thoughts?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the speedo failed yesterday. Jerky, and 10-20 mph low. Shut her down. Restarted and no problems since. But for me one failure is a permanent future problem. My girl has 180k. I’m guessing stepper motor failure but that’s just a guess. Thoughts?
maybe, haven't seen many if any problems with the clusters on this generation they are pretty well made.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope mine isn't going out... the BTDieseleworks Autosync does a guage sweep on startup, and I can hear a few scraping noises from cluster, though it works fine.
~210k

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s interesting about the A/S sweeping the needles on Tahoe / Yukon at start up. The Esky’s already sweep the needles at key on ignition. The A/S causes the Esky to do sweep them twice.

ISS Automotive can hook you up with a repaired or an exchange cluster. Don’t forget that when you’re pulling the cluster out to reseat harness clip back in and delay the repair if you see any corrosion that may have caused the issue.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be nice if they can make the sweep an option...
He might if enough people ask for it...
currently waiting for a couple new bugs to get sorted.. (strobes and some mention of the high idle..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts