Speed engineering long tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Doesn't really fit right. Had to remove the front prop shaft, it's right on the transmission or against it, and it doesn't line up with the factory exhaust. IMAG1476.jpg IMAG1461.jpg IMAG1460.jpg

svtthis

Reaction score
Doesn't really fit right. Had to remove the front prop shaft, it's right on the transmission or against it, and it doesn't line up with the factory exhaust. View attachment 74000 View attachment 74001 View attachment 74002
Is that the speed engineering y along with the headers?

I never tried to hook mine up to the factory exhaust that's probably why you are having trouble.

Also I read that of your motor mounts were failing you would have fitment issues

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Is that the speed engineering y along with the headers?

I never tried to hook mine up to the factory exhaust that's probably why you are having trouble.

Also I read that of your motor mounts were failing you would have fitment issues
Yes, you can hook it to your factory exhaust. The motor mounts are fine, two different guys checked them out and they're fine. Speed Engineering tried to tell me they we're bad also, they're not. They have terrible customer service.

svtthis

Reaction score
Yes, you can hook it to your factory exhaust. The motor mounts are fine, two different guys checked them out and they're fine. Speed Engineering tried to tell me they we're bad also, they're not. They have terrible customer service.
I read the motor mount "issue" on pt forum and one of the reps from speed Inc said that was the problem for his fitment issues as well. Looks like it's a bigger issue than I thought. You're the 3 person talking about fitment issues I've seen. I guess I got lucky. I hope you get it worked out soon. Looks like speed Inc forgot the service part in customer service.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I read the motor mount "issue" on pt forum and one of the reps from speed Inc said that was the problem for his fitment issues as well. Looks like it's a bigger issue than I thought. You're the 3 person talking about fitment issues I've seen. I guess I got lucky. I hope you get it worked out soon. Looks like speed Inc forgot the service part in customer service.
Im an owner/operator and customer service is more important then people think. If you have a mediocre product but great customer service you're more apt to be forgiven, instead of having a really good product but mediocre to non existent customer service. The few times you have issues and don't address it, you'll never be forgiven.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no solution @Tonyrodz ? This must be killing you to not be able to drive that thing with your new 6.0 in it!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Still no solution @Tonyrodz ? This must be killing you to not be able to drive that thing with your new 6.0 in it!
HELL YEAH, it's killing me. It's been a month already. Supposedly I should be getting it back this week. Everything is done except for the exhaust and the tune. Side note: Found a dual electric fan set, with radiator for $125, but I don't think I can get to it, and the guy doesn't want to meet up. Sux for me.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet if you take that to a muffler shop they could mod that y-pipe and get the exhaust hooked up for pretty cheap.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I have a question - if you do the off-road y-pipe there's no cats correct? How do you pass emissions?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
In NJ I could take it to a private inspector, but I have to find a friend of a friend deal. Or.... I was able to find a cat convertor heat shield that I was thinking of trying to attach to the y, somewhere, so it looks legit. Because in NJ when you take it to state inspection, you have to drive it over a camera, where they look for, what appears to be a cat. Also, as long as your check engine light isn't on, and, visually, your cat is there, you pass. No sniffer test. I just had it inspected and we have 2 year inspections, so I'm good until 2018. Hope to have it figured out by then.