Speed engineering long tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone running speed engineering longtubes? If so what y-pipe? I've ran pace setter in the past and was pleased but if the speed engineering is a good product I'll save some money and go that route

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just installed the long tubes and fit and finish are really good. On their website they state the y pipe fits 2 and 4wd trucks, in my experience, not true. I don't think I'd recommend their y pipe, but that's just my opinion.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like their Y-pipe fitment is hit or miss. There are a ton of guys on PT that run them without issue. Then again, you'll get the occasional instance like @Tonyrodz where it just won't fit right.

With that said, for the price, I don't think they can be beat.

srs5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed these on my 02 Tahoe. I recorded every step of the process on video, and show my fitment issues. I'm new here, so I am not sure about the rules on posting videos, but let me know and i can post the link to the YouTube vids if it is ok.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes, please post it. I also did the long tubes and y pipe from speed engineering. Headers fit great , y pipe not so much. Did you buy from them too? IMAG1476.jpg IMAG1462.jpg IMAG1461.jpg

srs5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, 3 videos for you:

Here's part 2 in the series, but the one you are probably most interested in. It is the installation and fitment overview:

Here's the first video which is disassembly:

Here's the 3rd vid which shows how they sound before/after, in and out, etc

I hope this will help you out if you are considering these long tube headers.

svtthis

Reaction score
I installed them on my 05 escalade. No fitment issues here. The only problem I ran into was the passenger side header collector was not completely round and would not fit into the y pipe. So I went to harbor freight to get a tail piper expander. Very tight fit for sure.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At their price, I'd be willing to take the gamble on having relatively minor fitment issues. It's easier for me to trim a little pipe or bend a hanger than it is to shell out an additional $600+ for the ones that are guaranteed to fit perfectly.

I mean, it's stainless steel long tube headers with a pretty decent overall reputation and a Y-pipe to (almost?) bolt up to your stock exhaust- all for 'bout tree-fiddy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456