Spectre Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing my 99002 Spectre Air Intake I notice my hood will not shut all the way has anyone else experienced this problem? I think it has to do with the heat shield.

IMG_2161.JPG

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solved this is a common problem all you have to do is cut the heat shield

mmeachem

Reaction score
Solved this is a common problem all you have to do is cut the heat shield
That’s weird mine required no cutting and doesn’t have the insulation strip, maybe it’s been redesigned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s weird mine required no cutting and doesn’t have the insulation strip, maybe it’s been redesigned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's two versions 99000 and 99002. You most likely have the 99000.

TwiztidPixel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of these installed for a few weeks and ended up removing it. The cone sits right under the crack between the hood and fender which, while raining, ended up sucking enough water/moisture in to cause my engine to idle very rough at red lights. I'm sure it was just some moisture hitting the MAF but not worth the risk IMO.

EDIT: Forgot a word.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ve had one for about five years now. No problems closing the hood or the filter getting wet.
I check the filter after driving through very hard rain at highway speed and its never been wet.

The only change i made was switching to an AEM dry cone filter to avoid messy oiled filters.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 2006. Mine doesn’t have the shield so it doesn’t present any problems closing the hood. I like it a lot. Not a lot of gains, but gave my truck a nice little sound after the fact. I also don’t have any issues with it getting wet so not a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont