Speaker Replacement Question, 2011 Yukon XL Denali with Bose...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One (both?) of my front door speakers seems to be blown.

My wife (while getting a windshield chip fixed) asked the place about replacement speakers (we have Nav and stock HU). They told her that with the Bose system you needed to use "only factory replacements". This seems like nonsense to me, as long as the impedance is matched and the the physical dimensions fit I don't see why any aftermarkets wouldn't work.

I only want to do the speakers and not mess with HU/Amp or SW.

I was thinking these: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB652/Polk-Audio-DB652.html?tp=105&avf=Y

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
factory replacements are the best idea but not required, if you wanted to go the oem route the best place to look is ebay for a used set, nonsense to pay the dealer some inflated price. or even a local junk yard/recycler. otherwise you can hit any local audio shop for aftermarket, most of them will match online prices if you just ask.

thindiesel

Reaction score
recommend D class pioneer components in front & D class in rear doors..... I never replaced the way rear..... they would sound great with the bose amp.....

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced only the speakers in my Escalade with Infinity Kappas. Their 2 ohm impedance closely matches the stock Bose components and causes no issues thus far. There are threads here where others have made similar swaps with other brands.

I put:
10.9 Tweeters in the A-Pillars
62.9 co-axials in the doors
42.9 co-axial in the center speaker location
32.9 co-axials in the D-Pillars.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced only the speakers in my Escalade with Infinity Kappas. Their 2 ohm impedance closely matches the stock Bose components and causes no issues thus far. There are threads here where others have made similar swaps with other brands.

I put:
10.9 Tweeters in the A-Pillars
62.9 co-axials in the doors
42.9 co-axial in the center speaker location
32.9 co-axials in the D-Pillars.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go.

Did you notice a significant sound difference?

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Very significant. With all of those tweeters, the sound was much brighter and defined than prior. I like a lot of treble, but I had to use the tone controls to bring it back to flat or a tick or two above flat (can't remember where I left it at the moment). The bass was also tighter and hits harder without being overbearing. I left the tone control alone for that.

It sounds just right to me now. I wouldn't change a thing.

OP
OP
johnh

johnh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone that's what I was looking for. Sounds like (pun intended) that the Infinity Kappas are a good replacement. Now I just need to convince the wife to wait a bit so its not cold and snowy outside to do this (I do have a garage, but its unheated), or find a good installer who won't charge me $$$ to do it.

Denali500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve seen a special on the kappas from an online store that gives you all the install gear for free. They are based out of Virginia. Don’t want to name and get in trouble for advertising. Lol I just ordered for my Yukon though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose to go with JL Audio ZR components for front, and JL C5's in rear doors, but they also sound better if adding an amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier