Spark Plug wires for 2011 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just had my 2011 Yukon with 114,000 miles at our local GMC dealer. The SUV was shaking while ideling and would putter when accelerating. The tech found that the 8th cylinder spark plug wire was corroded and ruined the spark plug as well. They replaced the spark plug (which I had all of them replaced around 100K) and the 8th wire and $284 later it rides great!

What I want to know is if I should just replace the other 7 wires? If so, how can I tell what brand the dealer used? Also, are they hard to replace? I've never replaced spark plug wires before.

Thanks!

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace them all. It's easy to do. They get damaged inside the wire by the twisting and pulling during a spark plug removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand your post correctly, you replaced your spark plugs at 100K but not your wires. If it is running great, you can probably leave them. if it were my truck, I would replace the other wires with the factory wires.

My mileage is similar to yours and while the engine is running flawlessly, I have a new set of GM plugs and wires for it when the weather cools.

My '09 with the 5.3 FLEX (LC9) calls for GM 12609877 - ACDelco 41-985 plugs and GM 19206447 - ACDelco 748UU wires. Run your VIN at GMPartsDirect for the latest PN#s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne