Spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
If it is 100% bald then yes. Otherwise no way.
Did you try or are you guessing-i did some looking today-and see no reason it wont fit.Bridgestone dueler at 265-75r-16 is 30.6 diameter and my 275-60-20 duratrac 33 diameter.Looking under their it looks like it will fit no problem,I dont want a flat and have to use 4wd on a tire thats 2.5 inches smaller.Just didnt want to spend the money on a duratrac spare and 20 inch rim if it wouldnt fit.

weathertech 021.JPG weathertech 022.JPG

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Did you try or are you guessing-i did some looking today-and see no reason it wont fit.Bridgestone dueler at 265-75r-16 is 31.7 diameter and my 275-60-20 duratrac 33 diameter.Looking under their it looks like it will fit no problem,I dont want a flat and have to use 4wd on a tire thats 1.5 inches smaller.Just didnt want to spend the money on a duratrac spare and 20 inch rim if it wouldnt fit.

View attachment 187582 View attachment 187583

Search some more. There was a thread about this. I just can't remember what the final verdict was.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban that I lifted and put 35's on. The guys at 4Wheel Parts did a small mod and they were able to put the 35" spare underneath.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search some more. There was a thread about this. I just can't remember what the final verdict was.

^^This. I looked up a lot of information and found that it wasn't really possible. Not many threads on this but there are three or four scattered out there I found.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Im going to get the same rim and tire combo i have on my other 4.It will be the most expensive spare combo i have ever bought,but i will feel better knowing i have the exact same tire and rim combo if i have catastrophic faliure.Im going to save a few bucks so might be a bit before i post but i will get it to fit-but it will be tight.No way a 35 will fit 00-06 body style your 16 must have alot more room.Or i would like to know what mod they did-maybe a pic if you got it.You cant cut the sway bar or hitch those are the only 2 things that make it tight.I just remeasured under their and i have 1/2 -3/4 of room towards the sway bar and 1.25-1.5 room toward the hitch.And it does look like you could cut some of the back of the receiver tube if needed without affecting towing.Im about a n inch short so we will see.

Last edited:

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to get the same rim and tire combo i have on my other 4.It will be the most expensive spare combo i have ever bought,but i will feel better knowing i have the exact same tire and rim combo if i have catastrophic faliure.Im going to save a few bucks so might be a bit before i post but i will get it to fit-but it will be tight.No way a 35 will fit 00-06 body style your 16 must have alot more room.Or i would like to know what mod they did-maybe a pic if you got it.You cant cut the sway bar or hitch those are the only 2 things that make it tight.I just remeasured under their and i have 1/2 -3/4 of room towards the sway bar and 1.25-1.5 room toward the hitch.And it does look like you could cut some of the back of the receiver tube if needed without affecting towing.Im about a n inch short so we will see.

Why don't you jack up your vehicle, put it on a jack stand, pull off one of your 33s, and see if you can crank it up in the spare area.

I have a full sized spare that I put together to match my 275\55 20s. Since I tow and have AWD I wanted the spare to be rated for the tow weight and the same diameter to protect the AWD. If memory serves me, they are 31.9“ and it fit without issue.

I purchased a used tire on ebay that was worn 2/32" less then the current tread depth on my tires. That way it is currently within the AWD 3/32" tolerance, and will continue to be as my tires wear down even with it and then below it. I didn't want to have to worry about rotating the spare through the pattern of drive wheels.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you jack up your vehicle, put it on a jack stand, pull off one of your 33s, and see if you can crank it up in the spare area.
Because pulling out the phone and asking is so much easier. He might get his hands dirty the other way lol.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

I have a full sized spare that I put together to match my 275\55 20s. Since I tow and have AWD I wanted the spare to be rated for the tow weight and the same diameter to protect the AWD. If memory serves me, they are 31.9“ and it fit without issue.

I purchased a used tire on ebay that was worn 2/32" less then the current tread depth on my tires. That way it is currently within the AWD 3/32" tolerance, and will continue to be as my tires wear down even with it and then below it. I didn't want to have to worry about rotating the spare through the pattern of drive wheels.
To tell you the truth i never even thought of that how stupid of me thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep