Sound issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys...wondering if you could help me out with this. I returned from a deployment and hopped in my tahoe and stuff started acting crazy.

1. My radio fades in an out. Starts loud and then soft...then nothing for several minutes. Screan on stereo says its on and still displays radio station. All of a sudden it will come back on...then fade out again.

2. My turn signal come on but no clicking sound inside. Still works in the mirrors, front of truck and rear. Then they will come on and i will hear the internal clicking...then it will fade out.

3. Low fuel light came on.....but no sound. Next time i got the sound...then last time no sound.

Sometimes all three things happen together sometimes it just one of them.

It does this when driving and even sitting still in park.

It has done it when it was 104 degrees out and when it was 60 degrees out.

Where do i start? Its a 2007 tahoe

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, thank you for your service.

Second, take a look at your battery and charging system. I've seen threads here on the forum where weird stuff like this could possibly be attributed to low voltage.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep check all the wires for corrosion on battery and Alternator. Lil sand paper works to clean em up. Welcome home

OP
OP
A

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome..i will start there this weekend and keep you posted. Thanks for the quick response and the welcome home!

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure could be. I wouldn't drive too far until you get it sorted out.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like we said check your wires for corrosion. After sitting for awhile you're bound to find some

OP
OP
A

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So...its been a while.

Shot the wires and everything was good, ironically I put a new battery on it this winter and had the alternator tested and everything was good. Around march time frame it started working on it's own with no issues. However, last week it started again.

Someone mentioned a connection on my factory amp. Thoughts? Idea where it is located at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01