Sound deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Hushmat, Stinger Roadkill and Dynamat over the years. This next build I am going to go back to the Roadkill product BUT has anyone used anything like this... Had planned on the Hushmat again but got a killer deal on 72sqft of Roadkill...

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/luxury-liner-4-sheets-36sqft/

These 2015+ SUV's seem to have a fair amount of dampening but I've yet to pull the carpet and see what is on the floorpan...

Anyone do this on their Tahoe/Yukon?

LGSONE

rgctech

Reaction score
I pulled up the carpet under the second row and the padding seems to be sufficient (thick). I even noticed the door panels were covered well (There was even a piece of dynamat looking material directly behind the speaker in the door panel). the more the merrier in my opinion. If you have it, install it and let us know your experience with it. I have yet to install anything under the carpet but it has been an interest of mine. I have all four doors and my rear hatch covered with dynamat and I love how I get no rattling with my audio system and how it keeps the sound inside (the bass is powerful but does not leak out and disturb people around)

Shane waters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled up the carpet under the second row and the padding seems to be sufficient (thick). I even noticed the door panels were covered well (There was even a piece of dynamat looking material directly behind the speaker in the door panel). the more the merrier in my opinion. If you have it, install it and let us know your experience with it. I have yet to install anything under the carpet but it has been an interest of mine. I have all four doors and my rear hatch covered with dynamat and I love how I get no rattling with my audio system and how it keeps the sound inside (the bass is powerful but does not leak out and disturb people around)
?!

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Hushmat, Stinger Roadkill and Dynamat over the years. This next build I am going to go back to the Roadkill product BUT has anyone used anything like this... Had planned on the Hushmat again but got a killer deal on 72sqft of Roadkill...

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/luxury-liner-4-sheets-36sqft/

These 2015+ SUV's seem to have a fair amount of dampening but I've yet to pull the carpet and see what is on the floorpan...

Anyone do this on their Tahoe/Yukon?

LGSONE

Did you ever do this? Dynamat only or dynamat plus some closed cell foam?

Mattwth85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a SPL build in my 2016, i used roadkill on all four doors, and it made a nice deference inside, i also changed out the factory bose speakers with mid drivers and super tweeters at the same time though..... i like the roadkill, i think i am going to check out vibraflex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14