Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally get to post some updates.

As some of you might know, I went all-out with a bi-xenon retrofit but ran into alignment issues. One of the biggest complaints I have about these trucks, the lack of proper adjustment for our headlights to get that perfect aim. After ranting several times about LED's in the factory halogen headlight assembly, I ended up going that route after giving up on the xenons. My truck is lowered, so it is in fact lower than PPV height......but since I've gone LED, I have not had the first person flash my for my lights being too bright.

The lighting itself? It covers about the same area that the factory lowbeam does, it just lights it up about 3-4 times as much. Of course, and its white instead of a weak yellow/orange illumination. I really wish I just tried this the first time, I would have saved some money. :p

I used the LED's below. These will fit into stock headlight assembly with zero modifications, and it will in fact clear the core support. Take your headlights out, throw these in, bolt them back up and go. Nothing else to do. I actually went ahead and bought the anti-flicker plug-in extensions as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCE19OI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also really didn't like the way my DIC was looking. I really hacked up my DIChole in the brushed trim, so I picked up a maple center trim plate with a factory DIChole. It really doesn't look bad at all with the maple centerplate......I am contemplating picking up the maple radio bezel as well and calling it a day. I will actually get my Rdash vinyl dash kit tomorrow. If I am not happy with the color of the vinyl, I'll send it back and rock the maple. I ordered the brushed gunmetal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U5IFHLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics of my DIC tomorrow.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

As some of you might know, I went all-out with a bi-xenon retrofit but ran into alignment issues. One of the biggest complaints I have about these trucks, the lack of proper adjustment for our headlights to get that perfect aim. After ranting several times about LED's in the factory halogen headlight assembly, I ended up going that route after giving up on the xenons. My truck is lowered, so it is in fact lower than PPV height......but since I've gone LED, I have not had the first person flash my for my lights being too bright.

The lighting itself? It covers about the same area that the factory lowbeam does, it just lights it up about 3-4 times as much. Of course, and its white instead of a weak yellow/orange illumination. I really wish I just tried this the first time, I would have saved some money. :p

I used the LED's below. These will fit into stock headlight assembly with zero modifications, and it will in fact clear the core support. Take your headlights out, throw these in, bolt them back up and go. Nothing else to do. I actually went ahead and bought the anti-flicker plug-in extensions as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCE19OI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also really didn't like the way my DIC was looking. I really hacked up my DIChole in the brushed trim, so I picked up a maple center trim plate with a factory DIChole. It really doesn't look bad at all with the maple centerplate......I am contemplating picking up the maple radio bezel as well and calling it a day. I will actually get my Rdash vinyl dash kit tomorrow. If I am not happy with the color of the vinyl, I'll send it back and rock the maple. I ordered the brushed gunmetal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U5IFHLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics of my DIC tomorrow.
Tmi.... leave you DIC alone mr. cranium.... ps- i still laugh at your screen name... im so ******* immature...for a 45 yo.....lmao

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the greatest pics, but snagged a few when I pulled in to work. For the record, we wear pink polos on Monday for an EMT from my agency who was fighting and just defeated cancer......so please no pink shirt jokes. :)

Since the Denali trim has brushed aluminum around the vents and maple for the plate, it obviously looks at home. I think a maple radio bezel would finish it off, but we'll see when the vinyl wrap gets here today.

IMG_20180827_075139.jpg IMG_20180827_075129.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pics of my DIC tomorrow.

Are you planning on taking some shots of your headlights? I've been debating some LEDs as well but lately have been blinded by several every morning and I really don't want to be one of those douches. If these LEDs don't have any blinding glare, I'm down for them.

Man, not to get too personal but bringing up the dichole makes me cringe after having a bad experience with a catheter removal, ouchy.

Looking forward to your dic pics. I still have to install mine.

Tmi.... leave you DIC alone mr. cranium.... ps- i still laugh at your screen name... im so ******* immature...for a 45 yo.....lmao

You know what's funny, I was thinking the same thing about his screen name :) and I'm 44

We aren't too far apart, I'm 39. If that makes you feel any better. o_O :rofl:

Nice to be close in age with people you chat with. If we all lived close enough I think we'd have some pretty fun get togethers hahaha

Not the greatest pics, but snagged a few when I pulled in to work. For the record, we wear pink polos on Monday for an EMT from my agency who was fighting and just defeated cancer......so please no pink shirt jokes. :)

Since the Denali trim has brushed aluminum around the vents and maple for the plate, it obviously looks at home. I think a maple radio bezel would finish it off, but we'll see when the vinyl wrap gets here today.

View attachment 206081 View attachment 206082

I'm glad to hear about another survivor. My brother was beat down pretty bad (lymphoma) but, made it through and free and clear. Its a life changer, that's for sure.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on taking some shots of your headlights? I've been debating some LEDs as well but lately have been blinded by several every morning and I really don't want to be one of those douches. If these LEDs don't have any blinding glare, I'm down for them.

Man, not to get too personal but bringing up the dichole makes me cringe after having a bad experience with a catheter removal, ouchy.

Looking forward to your dic pics. I still have to install mine.

You know what's funny, I was thinking the same thing about his screen name :) and I'm 44

Nice to be close in age with people you chat with. If we all lived close enough I think we'd have some pretty fun get togethers hahaha

I'm glad to hear about another survivor. My brother was beat down pretty bad (lymphoma) but, made it through and free and clear. Its a life changer, that's for sure.
I've ranted on here and lots in person about the LED/halogen reflection argument. The majority of reflector assemblies just scatter the LED and ultimately blind oncoming traffic. I've had mine in now for about 4 weeks, never been flashed once. In fact, there is a distinct cutoff at the top much like a Xenon/HID setup. Its not as defined, but there certainly is a cut off. I was very cautious the first few times I drove at night, besides anticipating getting flashed by oncoming traffic......I have also been cautious when approaching a stopped car from behind. This is when I really noticed the cut off line, and it being near or below the sideview mirrors on the passenger car in front of me. This is an alignment goal you'd have for proper height adjustment on the Xenons as well, so I have been extremely happy so far.

And you should be familiar with my screenname from HPJ :) , but then again maybe it made you laugh over there too. One of my longtime car buddies from there fired the name off for me, and it stuck (Tubbed440, Bryan.....if you remember him).

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score

I too am a survivor, I know this is TMI but back in 99 I had a nut removed because of cancer. Close to twenty years later I keep my fingers crossed. Cancer took my dad and has affected my sister my sister-Inlaw, and Grandma. It's definetley nothing to ignore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak