Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove past a rr crossing on the way to work this morning. The crossing gate was down and the lights were flashing but no train. Would have been nice to have train horns for that phantom train. make people go crazy. LOL

Yeah!! that's just worth the money right there... isn't it?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove past a rr crossing on the way to work this morning. The crossing gate was down and the lights were flashing but no train. Would have been nice to have train horns for that phantom train. make people go crazy. LOL
I've got some stories I could tell. :)

One thing I'll never do is hit my horns on a Norfolk/Southern employee out on the tracks, their police does NOT mess around.....I know from work experience. Everyone else, including the normal police forces....are all fair game. :cool:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some stories I could tell. :)

One thing I'll never do is hit my horns on a Norfolk/Southern employee out on the tracks, their police does NOT mess around.....I know from work experience. Everyone else, including the normal police forces....are all fair game. :cool:

I was wondering about laws etc, found this; http://trainhorns.us/articles/are-train-horns-illegal-in-your-state/
http://trainhorns.us/articles/are-train-horns-illegal-in-your-state/
My state, NM; https://law.justia.com/codes/new-mexico/2015/chapter-66/article-3/part-9/section-66-3-843/

I guess it is going to depend on the interpretation and/or definition of 'harmonious' *lol*

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm on the business of 9-1-1, I obviously have a lot of LEO buddies. We often joke about "what could I charge you with?", and here in NC about the only citation (besides a noise ordnance) would be "Excessive use of a horn", which is actually a statute here.

The best part is every officer I've demo'd these for absolutely loves them, and I've been involved in several pranks on other officers with them. They've been tons of fun. :cool:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm on the business of 9-1-1, I obviously have a lot of LEO buddies. We often joke about "what could I charge you with?", and here in NC about the only citation (besides a noise ordnance) would be "Excessive use of a horn", which is actually a statute here.

The best part is every officer I've demo'd these for absolutely loves them, and I've been involved in several pranks on other officers with them. They've been tons of fun. :cool:

Of course I had to read up on this, and there are places in NM with these "excessive noise" ordinances. However, I read a story about a case in Rio Rancho, NM where a woman tried to tell people (with flashing lights and car horn) there was a speed trap, (un)-fortunately one of the people she tried to warn was a LEO, on duty, in an unmarked car, who pulled her over and cited her. Case went to court, her attorney stated that a horn, and to a degree lights, are intended for sending a message to other people, and as such, the message she was sending was protected speech. *lol* the case was dismissed, I guess that judge didn't want to get into that mess.

So now... what about train horns?? :)

SLH350

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please don't be offended when I completely copy everything you've done to your truck. That thing is looking beautiful. After driving mine to GSO and back 4 times in the last month I'm over the stock suspension and goodyears.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't be offended when I completely copy everything you've done to your truck. That thing is looking beautiful. After driving mine to GSO and back 4 times in the last month I'm over the stock suspension and goodyears.
No hate there, I am REALLY enjoying the new setup......man it made a hell of a difference! The truck went from 'fun' and 'driveable' to 'fun to drive'. I don't regret a single thing I did, nor would I change any of it up at all. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT