Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIZZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what kept me from installing the LED high beams in our PPV. I didn’t want to cut up the core support.

Is this a PPV, SSV thing? I haven’t looked at the clearance in my suburban yet but my old ltz led fit fine .

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've contemplated selling this setup several times, but now I'm kind of glad I haven't. Although this is the last vehicle I'll have them on, I swear. (I've said that for the last 3 trucks lol)

Those horns sound awesome, I looked for them but seem really expensive? I might do something like that on my CJ5, that one has an air-compressor (running of the engine) and a 5 Gallon tank already

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a PPV, SSV thing? I haven’t looked at the clearance in my suburban yet but my old ltz led fit fine .
Should be the same issue with any NNBS Tahoe or Suburban. The radiator support and fenders are the same. IIRC, the light module on a Yukon are a bit different, so many aren’t seeing as many clearance issues.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those horns sound awesome, I looked for them but seem really expensive? I might do something like that on my CJ5, that one has an air-compressor (running of the engine) and a 5 Gallon tank already
Depending on what you want out of the horns, there is some give/take. I like LOUD and authentic, so the horns I have are actually from a train.....they are Nathan P3 Airchimes. You can get a new set like mine on Hornblasters for $700-800. Or if you just want the 'startle' loud, you can get any of their kits with the plastic bells for a decent price (ex. Shockers).

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would want it to sound like a train... I live in a place where there's no RR tracks for over an hour away, I can see the shock on peoples faces *lol*

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I drove past a rr crossing on the way to work this morning. The crossing gate was down and the lights were flashing but no train. Would have been nice to have train horns for that phantom train. make people go crazy. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st