Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real nice, I bet it rides like a Caddy DeVille. If I wasn't so cheap I might do something like that to my hoe.

I would also keep them black wheels !
I figured I was going to drive this thing until it can't be driven any further, so might as well bring the suspension back to life. And the plan for a good while is to keep the PPV wheels, I love the look.
Nice, looks great. Thanks for the info. I'm going with the 4/6 using Tony's rears.
What size tire did you end up going with?

Hmm, I thought the PPVs were a 2" drop all around. Not sure if changed any from 07 to 2010.

That's great to know that you have actual experience with the product. I'm dying to install mine. Its starting to drive like its on marshmallows haha, suspension is pretty much on its last leg.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Oh did I mention your truck looks AWESOOOOME :)
Haha, thanks man!

They are 265/70, opted for the taller tire for a better ride also. Made a huge difference, just glad to get those damn octagons off the truck (RSA's). Tony is knowledgeable with all of these vehicles, that is where I got the 1" stat from. So that is just the suspension drop, as 1". With the shorter tire of 265/50, it kind of exaggerates the drop a little more......I think that is where the 2" feeling comes from.

I can verify the rear was no more than 1" lower than stock, since I had a 2007 LT 4x4. I parked them really close together in the driveway, and could barely notice a ride height difference. It was just ever so noticeable, but even that was after looking at it 5-6 different ways. o_O

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I was going to drive this thing until it can't be driven any further, so might as well bring the suspension back to life. And the plan for a good while is to keep the PPV wheels, I love the look.

Haha, thanks man!

They are 265/70, opted for the taller tire for a better ride also. Made a huge difference, just glad to get those damn octagons off the truck (RSA's). Tony is knowledgeable with all of these vehicles, that is where I got the 1" stat from. So that is just the suspension drop, as 1". With the shorter tire of 265/50, it kind of exaggerates the drop a little more......I think that is where the 2" feeling comes from.

I can verify the rear was no more than 1" lower than stock, since I had a 2007 LT 4x4. I parked them really close together in the driveway, and could barely notice a ride height difference. It was just ever so noticeable, but even that was after looking at it 5-6 different ways. o_O

I forget what size tires I got to replace the RSA's. They are taller though. I'll have to go look haha.
Tony is the man when it comes to our rides, I've bugged him quite a bit in the past. I got most of my parts from him.
I thought I had read somewhere about Pedders doing the suspension on the PPVs. That's where I heard about the 2" drop. Not sure if they did the later model years. The smaller tires does give it the illusion of it having more of a drop. Its all good, yours looks great and mine will soon follow, hopefully this coming weekend.
Did you happen to replace the hub assemblies?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what size tires I got to replace the RSA's. They are taller though. I'll have to go look haha.
Tony is the man when it comes to our rides, I've bugged him quite a bit in the past. I got most of my parts from him.
I thought I had read somewhere about Pedders doing the suspension on the PPVs. That's where I heard about the 2" drop. Not sure if they did the later model years. The smaller tires does give it the illusion of it having more of a drop. Its all good, yours looks great and mine will soon follow, hopefully this coming weekend.
Did you happen to replace the hub assemblies?
Besides the Belltech kit, I had the upper arms with ball joints replaced since there was some play in them, and the left outer tie rod had some play (and was eating the inside of the FL tire), other than that nothing else was replaced.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the Belltech kit, I had the upper arms with ball joints replaced since there was some play in them, and the left outer tie rod had some play (and was eating the inside of the FL tire), other than that nothing else was replaced.

Nice, I'm glad you got it all sorted out. It must drive like a new truck.
Cant wait to do mine, its like a slush box right now haha.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember if I mentioned earlier, but I drove to Va Beach this weekend for the show at NAS Oceana. Truck was smooth as silk, almost fell asleep driving twice. Wouldn't have done that with the Goodyear Octagon RSA's. :lol:

That must've been a fun time. I have an air shows around here almost on a daily basis haha. Wish I was outside to enjoy it.
Nice to be able to feel the results. Those RSA's are pretty awful.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That must've been a fun time. I have an air shows around here almost on a daily basis haha. Wish I was outside to enjoy it.
Nice to be able to feel the results. Those RSA's are pretty awful.
Just curious, if the RSA's are so terrible, why do a lot of in service PPV's use them?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a great tire for the grip and it has a decent speed rating. They aren't made for mileage though.

Haha, beat me to it. Mileage, what's mileage hahaha.

Good year is one of two tire manufacturers who provide tires for law enforcement agencies. Bridgestone is the other. They are pretty stout tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1