Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I think you can reset the hour meter when you do an oil change, remember these vehicles do a good amount of idling . so maybe some Govt agencies oil is changed by hours not miles. mine when I got it had like 53 hours on it, now it's showing 225.7. I've put around 7k on mine since November.
That would make sense. There is some sort of code for the service intervals on my record, that is probably it.
Do you have a part # for the DIC switch?
Did you make a plate to cover the bobo?

Were you alone when you were in your garage playing with your DIC hahahaha

When are you getting yours done?

No luck :( Unfortunately I had a mishap with my alignment bushing install and had to put it off. I got my bushings Saturday and coil spring compressor came today and I had a buddy make me a tool to press in my alignment bushings without damaging them haha. I'll install my new bushings probably tomorrow night paint everything Friday and I'll have to plan things out with work to take a day off to gitter done. I also need to change my oil cooler lines, they're leaking.
Mine is on a lift at a buddies shop, probably get it back tomorrow. The front ball joints have some play, as does the left outer tierod, so he's replacing all of that while he's into the suspension.

I'll put the part number in here tomorrow for the DIC, if no one beats me to it. Even if you need to wait to cutout the dash trim for the DIC switch, it's worth removing that trim piece just to plug the switch it. It's so relieving to see something besides the damn odometer! :anitoof:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would make sense. There is some sort of code for the service intervals on my record, that is probably it.

Mine is on a lift at a buddies shop, probably get it back tomorrow. The front ball joints have some play, as does the left outer tierod, so he's replacing all of that while he's into the suspension.

I'll put the part number in here tomorrow for the DIC, if no one beats me to it. Even if you need to wait to cutout the dash trim for the DIC switch, it's worth removing that trim piece just to plug the switch it. It's so relieving to see something besides the damn odometer! :anitoof:

I'm going to have to go through my service records, now I'm curious haha

Oh nice. Good idea. I'm replacing everything as well. I actually bought all new arms and coils to along with the struts. I'll probably start a thread once I'm scheduled for it. I'll be doing it on my back in my driveway :)

I bet, that'll be my next mod once my suspension is all figured out. Though I'd really like to clean mine up a little, she's lookin pretty rough. She needs a bath, bad haha. And some paint correction and serious detailing to.

Looking forward to seeing yours all finished up.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY SHMOLY, THAT looks AMAZING.
What are the drop specs again?
Finally a dropped Tahoe on stock 17s, haha, love it

Oh crap, I just noticed you took off the steps to, nice, me likey.
Lol

It's advertised as a 3/4 kit, that is versus stock. The PPV is a 1" drop, so this is about 2" lower than PPV height.

When I lowered by '07 Trailblazer SS, I went with Tony's a-arms and he sold me on the Belltech struts. It sat perfect and rode like a dream. So the Belltechs were a no-brainer for me.

IMG_24454057317815.jpeg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol

It's advertised as a 3/4 kit, that is versus stock. The PPV is a 1" drop, so this is about 2" lower than PPV height.

When I lowered by '07 Trailblazer SS, I went with Tony's a-arms and he sold me on the Belltech struts. It sat perfect and rode like a dream. So the Belltechs were a no-brainer for me.

View attachment 183021

Nice, looks great. Thanks for the info. I'm going with the 4/6 using Tony's rears.
What size tire did you end up going with?

Hmm, I thought the PPVs were a 2" drop all around. Not sure if changed any from 07 to 2010.

That's great to know that you have actual experience with the product. I'm dying to install mine. Its starting to drive like its on marshmallows haha, suspension is pretty much on its last leg.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Oh did I mention your truck looks AWESOOOOME :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt