Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 179752 View attachment 179753

Started a thing today. I let a buddy borrow my cutoff tool and my angle grinder, so I couldn't get the compressor mounted yet. Hoping to get together with him by next weekend, then a couple of hours finishing the plumbing and wiring both switches....
Just curious, but why did you mount the airhorns in the rear? I'd think mounted in the front would be more effective, ie louder!

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why did you mount the airhorns in the rear? I'd think mounted in the front would be more effective, ie louder!
This is the 5th vehicle I've installed these on. With over 100psi flowing through these Nathans, it doesn't matter where you mount them. :D

I've traditionally mounted them in the spare well on every truck so far. I can get my 5 gallon air tank, the horns (Nathan P3's), the compressor, and the valve all mounted in the well. It makes it easier to plumb, and depending on availability of a 12V access in the rear.....it can keep it easy to wire too.

Here are a couple of my previous installs:

The Denali

The white Trailblazer SS

The Tundra

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This is the 5th vehicle I've installed these on. With over 100psi flowing through these Nathans, it doesn't matter where you mount them. :D

I've traditionally mounted them in the spare well on every truck so far. I can get my 5 gallon air tank, the horns (Nathan P3's), the compressor, and the valve all mounted in the well. It makes it easier to plumb, and depending on availability of a 12V access in the rear.....it can keep it easy to wire too.

Here are a couple of my previous installs:

The Denali

The white Trailblazer SS

The Tundra

Lol, I LOVE IT!! I'd def get in trouble if I had that.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all installed, even took the rear seats and passenger seat out completely to run the wiring from the console (switches) to the back where the pump and other hardware is. It's a win/win, I got to vacuum in the few areas I haven't been able to get to yet.....and cleaned up the few little stains my carpet had. I did cut the mat where my switches are, just didn't get a picture of that.

At least there was a win with the cleaning, it appears my pressure switch doesn't want to work, it isn't cutting the compressor on. I need to get underneath the truck with the multimeter to confirm, but that is my suspicions.

SOON!

IMG_20170806_192238.jpg _20170806_192324.JPG _20170806_192349.JPG 20170806_172525.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3