Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAN, your PPV is lookin gooooood.

I might have missed it but, did you end up replacing the steering wheel?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAN, your PPV is lookin gooooood.

I might have missed it but, did you end up replacing the steering wheel?
Thanks man! It's getting there.

I just sold my '07 LT, so once I get some other things straightened out I am going to the interior. I'll do a new leather wheel with radio controls, the DIC switch, and probably get some leather front seats. I am going to be needing some tires soon (these RSA's are too noisy and are cupping), so I might delay the interior to put some new struts/shocks on this thing with some new rubber first. I'll definitely update here regularly. :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! It's getting there.

I just sold my '07 LT, so once I get some other things straightened out I am going to the interior. I'll do a new leather wheel with radio controls, the DIC switch, and probably get some leather front seats. I am going to be needing some tires soon (these RSA's are too noisy and are cupping), so I might delay the interior to put some new struts/shocks on this thing with some new rubber first. I'll definitely update here regularly. :)

Those RSAs are super sticky and wear rather quickly to.
I'm about to do my struts/shocks to. Hopefully within the next week or two. Just waiting on parts to come in.
My drivers seat is torn from holster wear. Back seat is pleather and just looks silly.
My interior will end up being last, would really like to get the drivetrain in tip top shape but its also a family hauler and sees 3 dogs and beach trips on a regular, I'm in no rush haha.
Sounds good to me. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those RSAs are super sticky and wear rather quickly to.
I'm about to do my struts/shocks to. Hopefully within the next week or two. Just waiting on parts to come in.
My drivers seat is torn from holster wear. Back seat is pleather and just looks silly.
My interior will end up being last, would really like to get the drivetrain in tip top shape but its also a family hauler and sees 3 dogs and beach trips on a regular, I'm in no rush haha.
Sounds good to me. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)
Good deal. Do you have a thread going for yours?

What shocks did you go with, and are you staying around the PPV ride height? I was thinking of going with one of Tony's spring kits and getting the Belltech shocks front/rear. I put a set of those from him on my last TBSS and the ride was freaking awesome. Just haven't decided which way to go yet.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Do you have a thread going for yours?

What shocks did you go with, and are you staying around the PPV ride height? I was thinking of going with one of Tony's spring kits and getting the Belltech shocks front/rear. I put a set of those from him on my last TBSS and the ride was freaking awesome. Just haven't decided which way to go yet.

No thread yet, gathering parts and I cant really say I'm the greatest with a computer so loading pictures takes me a looong time, haha. I'll try to take a bunch of pictures of my progress and work I do.

I'm going low, going to start with a 4/6 :)
For the front = Pedders 2.5" front coils, BT adjustable struts, BT spindles, new upper/lower control arms, new isolators and cam plates. Still looking for some tie rods. Not sure if I want to go stock or beefy ones.
Rear = Tonys 6" coils, link relocating brackets, Spohn PH bar and sway bar link.

I'm still gathering some parts and going to make some new lower links and debating about making a PH bar or just sticking with the Spohn.
That's just for the suspension. I'm planning on a new exhaust front to back also very soon.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of an update. No new parts, I've been super busy at work.

The shine on my running boards didn't last at all. The coating is still solid, the boards look good.....they are just dull. The Rhinoliner can easily be removed, so if you are considering doing this yourself I recommend you take your running boards to a shop that coats and have them sprayed there. Just be sure you get the finish you desire, and there is a guarantee with the coating. It will be worth the price if you can get those two things.

Here is a pic from this morning, running boards off. I am going to pick back up inside my PPV next, but I am still keeping an eye out for a tailgate/hatch and a hood (the ding on the front bothers me).

n4UtgC.png

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy my son took his truck to that did a super job on his bed. He had it color matched and it came out great. The guy offers a lifetime warranty on his work. When my son had his sprayed, it rained that night and the liner ended up having white streaks and spots. The guy resprayed it with no questions asked even after he told my son to keep the water off of it for 24 hours.

I have considered taking them off and bringing them to him, but I got other truck stuff to get done first. They still are on the list though.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Little bit of an update. No new parts, I've been super busy at work.

The shine on my running boards didn't last at all. The coating is still solid, the boards look good.....they are just dull. The Rhinoliner can easily be removed, so if you are considering doing this yourself I recommend you take your running boards to a shop that coats and have them sprayed there. Just be sure you get the finish you desire, and there is a guarantee with the coating. It will be worth the price if you can get those two things.

Here is a pic from this morning, running boards off. I am going to pick back up inside my PPV next, but I am still keeping an eye out for a tailgate/hatch and a hood (the ding on the front bothers me).

n4UtgC.png
Ever think about getting the ding removed by one of those dent repair guys?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever think about getting the ding removed by one of those dent repair guys?
I had all the dings removed via paintless from a really good dent guy local. The one on the hood is near the transitional bend from the front end, and it has a little paint damage. I tried to talk him into popping out what he could, but with the structural support in that bend.....it would be a PITA and would drive him crazy doing it. :Big Laugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018