Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some liners that are that way. That is the best part, especially if someone else wants to do a variant of this on their running boards. I was simply wanting them to look clean and black all the time, so I achieved my goal. :)

It'll be Monday earliest before I can get mine back on, going to a 1/2 mile race (WannaGoFast) today, and an airshow at Seymour Johnson AFB Sunday. I'll post pics after install.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it'll be a waste of my time to wash the truck since there is a good chance of rain most of the week. But, got the running boards mounted tonight.

Overall I'm happy, I got exactly what I wanted.....the dry, discolored running boards are gone. Nice and shiny always now, no tire foam needed.

My only recommendation if anyone wants to do this, take your running boards off and have Line-X place or other similar shop spray them for you. It was pretty tedious getting into all the nooks and crannies, spray would have been a lot easier. Or paying someone to do it.

_20170522_203218.JPG

IMG_20170522_194841.jpg

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the texture like when wet? Gritty or slip and die?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I didn't die getting in to my Tahoe, whew!

Actually, the Rhinoliner I used on my running boards has a really 'tacky' feel to them. It has even more traction than stock, uncoated running boards. So I scored on that part! I assume the slickness will come with the baked coatings, or ones that full harden that don't have any traction additives (particles).

Looks real nice Darren !!
Thanks man!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I didn't die getting in to my Tahoe, whew!

Actually, the Rhinoliner I used on my running boards has a really 'tacky' feel to them. It has even more traction than stock, uncoated running boards. So I scored on that part! I assume the slickness will come with the baked coatings, or ones that full harden that don't have any traction additives (particles).

Thanks man!
Awesome! I may have my father's job give me a quote on rhino lining my boards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has got me wondering about my boards. I hate even having them on there but the wife and kids need something. I'll either do this or try fitting extended cab truck steps to the Yukon. The selection of steps for GM SUVs is flat out terrible if you want to spend less than $500.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has got me wondering about my boards. I hate even having them on there but the wife and kids need something. I'll either do this or try fitting extended cab truck steps to the Yukon. The selection of steps for GM SUVs is flat out terrible if you want to spend less than $500.
You do the removal/install, just bring the boards to a shop that sprays the liner.....I don't think you'll spend more than $200, and have nice, new looking pieces. I took mine off by myself in the driveway, FYI. Super easy, even easier with some ramps.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do the removal/install, just bring the boards to a shop that sprays the liner.....I don't think you'll spend more than $200, and have nice, new looking pieces. I took mine off by myself in the driveway, FYI. Super easy, even easier with some ramps.

Yeah, I'm not worried about removing them from a difficulty standpoint. It's from the marital strife stand point since my wife is 5'2" tops. I'd like to use the Iron Cross adjustable steps with just the main bar, not the hoops. We'll see.